SOLVED

Enable live captions

Iron Contributor

Is Enable live captions only available to be viewed by the organiser of the meeting? We have this set to disabled but the organiser can override. As the organiser I can turn this on and see the live captions, but no one else can see them.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by blue-man (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@blue-man Hello Craig, it sounds as if the users doesn't use the same meeting policy. Could you verify that all users are assigned to the same policy? I've seen it several times before where users in the same organization has been assigned to both the 'Global' and the 'RestrictedAnonymousAccess' policy, the latter with the setting "disabled".

'Enable live captions'

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams#enable-live-captions

*edit* just some more info

-LiveCaptionsEnabledType
"Determines whether real-time captions are available for the user in Teams meetings. Set this to DisabledUserOverride to allow user to turn on live captions. Set this to Disabled to prohibit."

Meeting policies are fine
Would you mind further explaining your issue? Live captions can be used by all users if configured. They just need to turn it on.
Sorry it was the meeting policy. I thought I had checked it but obviously not! Doh
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by blue-man (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@blue-man Hello Craig, it sounds as if the users doesn't use the same meeting policy. Could you verify that all users are assigned to the same policy? I've seen it several times before where users in the same organization has been assigned to both the 'Global' and the 'RestrictedAnonymousAccess' policy, the latter with the setting "disabled".

'Enable live captions'

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams#enable-live-captions

*edit* just some more info

-LiveCaptionsEnabledType
"Determines whether real-time captions are available for the user in Teams meetings. Set this to DisabledUserOverride to allow user to turn on live captions. Set this to Disabled to prohibit."

View solution in original post