SOLVED

How to Add new invites to meeting in teams without sending invite to all existing attendees?

Copper Contributor

Using the Teams Calendar function: Before a meeting is started, there is a need to add invitees to an existing meeting. Is there way to add the invitee so only the new invitee receives the invitation. Currently, when this function is attempted, all of the invites receive the meeting invitation. If you use Outlook Calendar, it gives you the option to update only the new invitees or all invitees. 

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

Thanks.

31 Replies
Hmmm I thought that 'outlook' was the calendar and email. Even if I start a new event whilst on the email section, the option isn't there either. So just back to the forwarding solution.

Ah well at least it's not me - it's the app that's basic!
Ah. I was referring to "outlook" as the email portion. I noticed differences between the email as a web page vs. a desktop app. Maybe which ever one you didn't use works? At any rate, Microsoft needs a feature upgrade. Shouldn't be so unintuitive!

Agreed insane that we need 2 systems to set up and update meetings, I don't want to send irrelevant emails clogging up peoples inboxes, we get enough junk email@nledvi 

How can i create a discussion in here? I can reply to discussions, but I cannot find any way to start a discussion/ask a question?????
Ah i see i had to find a community first, thanks!

Go to your outlook calendar, right click on the meeting, then Open > Open Series, then add the person you want to be included in the meeting. Then send update, and next window will show you an option to send the invite to the new attendees or to all.

LazyTurtle_0-1677607327525.png

thanks
unfortunately none of the suggestions help IF the meeting is set in a channel in Teams!!
as the organiser is changed to the team name, and if you create the meeting you are not able to add yourself as a organiser to be able to do the above

very frustrating

@RealTime_M365 After reading all the replies on this page. Is this not possible to add participant in teams meeting which is already created and if its a recurring teams meeting?

@LazyTurtle 

Hmmm.  My calendar (web-page version, MS 365 enterprise) does not have an Open menu item. If I right click, then edit, then add a person, there is not "Update" option; no box appears to send updates only to added or deleted attendees.

@RealTime_M365 

Well Satish, this is a "fatal flaw" in MS. Microsoft, with this much confusion and requests for help --- why aren't you listening?   Using Google docs and scheduling was so much easier!!

First, the proliferation of apps, web page replication is mega-confusing and unnecessary.  There's MS teams, that has channels, and desktop app outlook with the built in calendar, that synchs with the web outlook and separate calendar.

Apparently the web interface design team never collaborated with the desktop app design team.  Word docs, copy pastes into emails or calendar invitations, or web page sharepoint word files all seriously destroy formatting.

When scheduling meetings, don't most people send a DRAFT agenda?  That might need revision several times?  IF there is participation and collaboration!!!   So how to do that - emails with attachments work.  Many of our remote workers can't even use sharepoint!! Calendar does not.

MS - get it together please (literally)