SOLVED

How to Add new invites to meeting in teams without sending invite to all existing attendees?

Copper Contributor

Using the Teams Calendar function: Before a meeting is started, there is a need to add invitees to an existing meeting. Is there way to add the invitee so only the new invitee receives the invitation. Currently, when this function is attempted, all of the invites receive the meeting invitation. If you use Outlook Calendar, it gives you the option to update only the new invitees or all invitees. 

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

Thanks.

31 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi

The only option is to schedule the meeting through Outlook. Once you schedule the meeting through Outlook with one Organizer of the Meeting and then you want to add another five members Outlook gives you a option to notify only added members or to all the participants.

I don't for see any other option. Or as a Alternative you can schedule a regular Outlook Meeting with all the users and send the meeting link just 5mins before the start of the meeting..

Thats the workaround that can be used.

With Regards,
Satish U

@ChuckB23 

Go to your Outlook Calendar; right-click on the event and select 'Forward' from the drop-down menu. That will invite new attendees without re-sending to all.

@ChuckB23 

how to solve in microsoft teams meeting that not all attendees receive again the invite if you add a few new attendees?

@KamillaE It looks like the problem with just forwarding the meeting is that it adds them as an Optional participant.  I didn't see an option to make them required...at least that was from Outlook on the Web.

"Thats the workaround that can be used."
Why should there be a workaround for such a simple feature.
Is this a joke?
Why is it impossible to add a participant to a scheduled meeting in Teams. This is crazy. This is insane.
in my opinion, I need it work like this
as I think attendee should know who will be there,
and which why there is a opinion called "do not forward" as well

@AnqB0VVRJMzsO6zV I should not be able to add participants to the meeting without inviting everybody else again? I don't think it should work like that. 

" I think attendee should know who will be there"

In some cases yes, in large events it is not very important.

I agree, as people should always have a choice. like "do not forward", there should be a " do not broadcast"
I'm kind of old school and get used to this setting, not everyone should be

@nledvi 

True - insane. Also horrible design and execution.  Must have been designed by people who never schedule meetings. Software this sophisticated shouldn't have "work arounds" for essential features.  

Not asking for much, microsoft.  If one schedules a recurring meeting in the calendar, they NEED the ability to edit the subsequent meetings, from within the calendar:

1. Edit participant list.   Add participants-without bugging previous people.

2. Delete participants who no longer are in the group

3. CHANGE the AGENDA!  in the notes - Then save without SENDING to everyone

Now, it appears that I have to cancel the recurring meeting - and confuse everyone, to update essential info, and not use the recurring meeting 'feature' .

I agree. Teams meetings need to have save and send update options as meetings created in Outlook.
this only works if the meeting is NOT held within a channel in a team
Best practice we use is to have a dedicated meetings channel for each team
the meetings are "held" in the meetings channel and it makes it easier to find the recordings if you missed the meeting
Even if i am a meeting organiser, as soon as i add it to a channel - the channel name becomes the meeting organiser and there is not way to change this in either Outlook or Teams

terrible design

@TrishS66 if the meeting is still to come, you can add a new to be invited person in outlook (either in required of optional). After that you simple opt for only attendees to get the information that are added new (question comes automatically if you resend). 

@ellenlaarhoven 

NO, if the meeting is held in a channel of a team in Teams then this is NOT possible
another flaw in Microsoft Teams, i am happy to be proven wrong if you can show me screenshots

@ellenlaarhoven 

For some reason, when I click SEND having added an attendee, it just sends, to everyone.

Is there a setting for this option of sending only to new attendees?

Thanks

@JulesHart 

Hi Jules, short answer is No. 

Not if you scheduled the meeting in the calendar (the logical place because I like to be looking at my calendar when I schedule meetings.)

From what I can gather from this thread, you have a do not forward option IF you scheduled the meeting originally in Outlook. (Which I never do).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi

The only option is to schedule the meeting through Outlook. Once you schedule the meeting through Outlook with one Organizer of the Meeting and then you want to add another five members Outlook gives you a option to notify only added members or to all the participants.

I don't for see any other option. Or as a Alternative you can schedule a regular Outlook Meeting with all the users and send the meeting link just 5mins before the start of the meeting..

Thats the workaround that can be used.

With Regards,
Satish U

View solution in original post