SOLVED

Does Teams Sync with Outlook Contacts?

Brass Contributor

Hi

Should the Teams clients pull in automatically the contacts from a users Outlook desktop app?

Thanks

26 Replies
My Outlook contacts appear on Teams desktop and web, but not on the iOS (iPhone) app. I tried switching to public preview (developer preview) but no luck. Anyone had this issue?

@Carl_Aegis - just an update...the synchronization between Teams and Outlook has started to fail again.  I have a support ticket through my IT consultant to Microsoft to see what the issue is again.  Do not understand how this can continue to happen with these platforms.

@Carl_Aegis Have you turned on the "New Outlook" on the Outlook desktop (MacOS)?
Once I did that and the sync between Teams and Outlook was bugged, so I switched back and it worked properly again.
Everyone please vote for this feature for syncing contacts between Outlook and Teams mobile app, to be implemented:
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/959b228e-272e-ec11-b6e6-00224827b493

@pbarnett I do not have the options available that you mention above.  Do you have any suggestions?screen shot.jpg

dont bother looking, it has been archived

@BriAzmi 

Surely this is a copy not a sync?