SOLVED

Can't add connector to team

Brass Contributor

In our team, we want to add the Azure Devops connector. 

I'm perfectly able to get an overview of connectors that I can add.

But when I click add on any of the connectors nothing happens.

JelmarVA_0-1625498288698.png

Someone that can help me further?

52 Replies
Are you trying this from the Teams client or via Teams on web browser? And does it make any difference to try the other option?
Its not possible in the Windows client (1.4.00.16575 (64-bit)).
In the web browser I'm able to add the connector.
OK interesting, so at least you have a workaround. Are you able to check for updates on the Windows client to see if that helps?

@PeterRising I'm having the same issue.  I raised an issue with Microsoft but they couldn't find anything wrong.  We need this fixed.  I think it might be a bug in the latest release for Teams on the desktop.

Same issue here, but at least the web-based version works.
I'll see if the Teams Engineering Team have any feedback on this. I'll post back here if they update me.

Having the same issue, trying to add a webhook but the "Add" button doesnt do anything. Furthermore the "incoming webhook" connector is not available on the web version.

@JelmarVA Same here!!  (Glad to see I'm not the only one)

@JelmarVA I am having the same issue.  Thankfully using the workaround of using the web version worked for me, but this definitely is not right.

I have just started to face the same issue. Trying to find a resolution. Following this thread to see what could be the reason for this @JelmarVA 

@Ruchiruchi1980 The same story. Works via web, though.

Was looking to integrate some incoming webhooks today and came into this same issue. Has Teams devs found the culprit?

on GCC if that makes any difference.

@JelmarVA Did anyone get an update on this. I am trying to add the incoming webhooks, and i press the add button, but nothing happens. I can't add it via the web version, as it doesn't show.

I’m having the same issue.
Same thing for us too, using version 1.4.00.22472 (64-bit) of the desktop client, on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909.

@SteveMCIOW  Same issue for me...will try web workaround....

Same issue here with Teams desktop!

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.26376 (64-bit). It was last updated on 27-09-2021

Having same issue. Works in browser but I'd prefer the client.

@Christian_Winther 

I have made contact with MS Support. Being going back and fourth with them about this issue. Still not resolved. When they do resolve it, i will post what they say.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

Ok, so I had the same issue where I was trying to add the webhook connector to a channel I have in Teams with my organization. 

I was attempting to add the connector by clicking the three dots inside the channel where I wanted to add it. 

In order to get it work, I went into the "Apps" on the left side menu, looked for it there. Added it to the Team/Channel I wanted, and it is now working as intended. 

View solution in original post