SOLVED

Can't add connector to team

Brass Contributor

In our team, we want to add the Azure Devops connector. 

I'm perfectly able to get an overview of connectors that I can add.

But when I click add on any of the connectors nothing happens.

JelmarVA_0-1625498288698.png

Someone that can help me further?

52 Replies
Great, thanks Sharon!

@JelmarVA same issue here but web app does the same thing, generates a 'something went wrong' error when I try to remove an existing Incoming Webhook. Also, I no longer have an option for Incoming Webhook when I attempt to add a new connector.

Yeah it has disappeared for me also. I am still waiting on MS to get back to me.
Same issue for me, so far MS Support haven't resolved it. Seems to work on some clients but not others. Full reinstall didn't resolve it either.

@RLithgo They called me yesterday, it is currently with the production team. So still waiting. 

@Sharon2007 Thanks for that update Sharon. You've gotten further than I did with Support. Can I ask you which version of Windows you're running on? 

Currently running on a mix of Windows 10 21H1,20H2 and i have a few test windows 11 machines. Same issue on all machines, regardless of what version we are on.
We are having the same issue here. We are a GCC tenant, and I am running on Teams client version 1.4.00.26376 (64-bit). If I try to add a connector, that add button does nothing at all. It does work on the Web client.
I've reached a dead end with MS support. Creating a new profile seems to fix the issue but of course this is a lot of work. The support I spoke with said that this is as far as they could take this issue as the cause was "corrupted profile". They also suggested user voice, which would require a lot of votes to get anywhere. I hope someone on this thread gets further with MS than I did.

@RLithgo were you using MS Premier Support? I have not yet opened a ticket because I was following this case and assumed it would get resolved for everyone, but I will open a ticket now.

@Rob Blankers using the support that comes with E3 subscription. The more people that report this to support, the better chance that someone might actually attempt to fix the issue rather than stopping at workarounds. 

I am still going with MS Support on this issue.

Today the incoming webhooks is no longer showing, when i go to add a connector. But strange enough, the others are showing and working. I can configure those ones, just not the one i want. 

I am constantly going back and fourth with screen shots, videos, and network captures.

Yes i would suggest that anyone that has this issue log it with MS, so they know it is a larger problem then just a few people. 

After a lot of back and fourth, managed to get the incoming webhooks working. For me it was someone in my team, had created a team app permissions policy, with only allowing us to add one application. Which in the end restricted me, or anyone with this policy applied to add a connector. Even though the org wide default is set to allow all third party apps.
This newly created app permission policy, was my problem, as it didn't allow 3rd apps to be added.
So i would check all your app permission policies, it seems to be the most restrictive applies.
Good that you got it working Sharon, but the issue for me (and I think others) is that it works on the Web UI but not on some Teams desktop installations. This is with the same logged in Teams user.

Has anyone got anywhere with this please? I had this issue several months ago, used the workaround as described. I'm now wanting to add another webhook.. guess I'll be using the workaround again.. just wanted to make sure this issue is kept alive :)

Cheers

Julian

@julico still broken for me sadly. Not expecting a fix. 

Exactly same problem here, the only way to work-around is using Teams Web UI

@JelmarVA Same issue here. I am on GCC, and I can see the list of connectors in Teams desktop, and when I click "add" nothing happens. Then when I switch to Teams web, it says I have no connectors so there is nothing to add. 

@Rich_Ochs - any updates on this please?  I am also having this issue, in both web and app versions

Today I am having this problem. Is there an update available?