SOLVED

Attendees video not showing in Teams

Copper Contributor

Since the latest Teams update, whenever I'm in a meeting with more than 1 other participant, the image of the other attendees keeps dropping in and out. I end up sitting through meetings only being able to see myself and one other person consistently as the other participants just show up as black boxes. I have tried changing views to full screen, spotlight etc, but it still remains the same. Can anyone suggest a fix? I've noticed that if I click on the chat icon and the screen loads to the right - this sometimes then allows the attendees videos to appear in smaller boxes - but again its inconsistent. I'm accessing teams from home with no connection issues and 105mbps download speed. 

11 Replies

Hi @lisaqi 

Try this.

1. Go to the top right of Teams and click on your profile picture.

2. In the menu, click Sign out.

3. Sign in and see if the problem is fixed.

I find several issues can be resolved by trying these steps.

Hope it works!

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

Thanks @Damien Rosario I did try that but it hasn't changed anything.

best response confirmed by lisaqi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lisaqi 

Interestingly, since my last response to you, one of my colleagues had a similar issue. He was using Teams beta which was a tad glitchy, and I had him revert back to Teams classic (also had him do the sign-out and back in just in case). 

He hasn't reported the issue since then.

If you are on Teams beta, I suggest doing the above and using this more stable classic version until the new Teams app is released.

Good luck

Damien

@Damien Rosario Agree try to go back to classic teams. Else clean cache in new teams and retry

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a LikeLikeLike

visit my youtube channel KbWorks! :smile: or KbWorks.eu

Thanks guys, reverting back to classic teams has solved the problem.
Thanks Damien, this fixed the issue.

@lisaqi Glad to help! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ahead!

Cheers

Damien

Exactly the same issue here with New Teams. :(
I have the same issue in the "New" Teams on my desktop machine (i9, 32 Gig, 1660TI video)

When doing a One on One Video chat, everything seems to work as expected, but in Meetings, or adding another person to the chat, I can not see any attendees, nor can I see my outgoing video.

If I minimize the meeting window, the currently speaking person is shown in the pop out window, maximizing again I loose all video.

This all worked fine in the Classic Teams, but every time I try to go back to Classic, it just reverts back to the new teams. Besides, classic is going away soon, so this needs to be fixed.

Is there anything in particular (registry settings etc) that I can look at to get this working, my work depends on it.

I can use my laptop for meetings as the New Teams seem to work there, but not on the Desktop.
Nothing I tried worked other than reverting back to the classic version of teams. Surely if its a widespread problem Microsoft will do an update to fix. I'm using a laptop to access Teams via the app so I don't think its an issue with your PC or settings. Just an overall bug in the application. I haven't tried the new version of teams in the web browser - but if that's working for you then that might be your best option until they fix it.
I did finally figure out how to go back to Classic, and that does work. It also works in the web version on both the classic and new web version.

Yup, Microsoft will need to fix it before I can use it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lisaqi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lisaqi 

Interestingly, since my last response to you, one of my colleagues had a similar issue. He was using Teams beta which was a tad glitchy, and I had him revert back to Teams classic (also had him do the sign-out and back in just in case). 

He hasn't reported the issue since then.

If you are on Teams beta, I suggest doing the above and using this more stable classic version until the new Teams app is released.

Good luck

Damien

View solution in original post