Account was disabled but messages come still

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone. I suppose I have found issue in Teams mobile application. My account was disabled by company, but I can still obtain messages from group chats. It isn't secure and non-confidential. I don't work in this company, but still receive some info from their side. When I click by message it requires to sign in, but anyway I can see the message in popup.

4 Replies

Hi @vkotsuba 

In case you have left the organization the Office 365 Global Admin needs to remove the licenses from the user account so that the user gets deleted. In case he has disabled the user account from the office 365 portal the user cannot sign-in using the details but in case he has email or teams configured at any place where the log-in still exists after 8hrs - 24hrs the user would get signed out and will not receive the notification from Microsoft Teams. But the Email Account will still see the messages coming along as missed notification 

To disable the user completely licenses needs to be removed on priority.  

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi, @RealTime_M365 . I left organization a week ago, I can't sign in, but I still receive messages and can see its. Why is it? Is it expected behavior? It looks strange for me.

IMHO: If my account was disabled I shouldn't receive any notifications/messages even if I was logged from couple of devices.

Hi @vkotsuba 

It totally depends on how the user is getting disabled. By the way where are you getting the Messages? On the Teams Client? on the Email Application?

If the account is disabled the email and teams application should not work.  

With Regards,

Satish U 

Hi, @RealTime_M365 

As I mentioned in main message above. I receive pop-up messages from Teams Mobile Application.