SOLVED

Teams android app- signed into personal instead of work and cannot change

Copper Contributor

When I installed teams on my Pixel 4 XL I accidentally hit personal account instead of work for my Office365 and it was not setup for teams in our organization. I have cleared the cache and storage and uninstalled, rebooted phone and reinstalled the app but it does not give me the option for work account again and automatically uses personal which is not setup.

I sign in on the desktop app without issue and have access to my Teams. I get this message when I try to sign in every time and cannot get past it. If I click setup teams it takes me to the web portal then redirects me to the download teams app page so I am stuck in a loop. 

Screenshot_20200409-100815.png

4 Replies

The Android app supports multiple accounts, so you can have both your personal and company ones added. Or you can just remove the persona one by selecting the Menu -> Settings -> Sign out at the bottom.

@Vasil Michev 

Would be great if it gave me that option, I click sign in put in my email and takes me directly to that screen. It does not give the option to sign in with a different account. My work email has a personal and work account tied to it for some stupid reason. I put in my email and it takes me to that screen without even asking for a password. 

I am an systems engineer so not my first rodeo but this has me stumped. 

best response confirmed by LCS_Mike (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Ah, well if you have the same address registered as both personal and org ID, you should remedy that. Microsoft stopped supporting such configurations few years back, so you can expect all sorts of issues with different apps. Best remove/change the personal account address.

@Vasil Michev 

Good advise I ended up just closing the personal one and then it let me sign in with Teams on the app. Just need to be careful not to close the work one if someone else tries it. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12412/microsoft-account-how-to-close-account 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LCS_Mike (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Ah, well if you have the same address registered as both personal and org ID, you should remedy that. Microsoft stopped supporting such configurations few years back, so you can expect all sorts of issues with different apps. Best remove/change the personal account address.

View solution in original post