Bookmarks not working

Brass Contributor

Hi there, 

I am trying to start using Bookmarks in my SharePoint search instead of promoted results but I have created bookmarks and published them and they do not show up when I search in SharePoint.  They do seem to work when I search from my Office 365 home page.  

Are bookmarks not available to SharePoint online or am I doing something wrong?

shot of some of my current bookmarks: 

Mel_C13_0-1608662795353.png

5 Replies

@Mel_C13 We're experiencing the same conduct. At first I thought it had to do with the search scope setting of the site your searching from. When the search scope is set to all sites in Sharepoint, the bookmarks show up. But I'm not sure yet how it works when the search scope for your site is set either to site or hub. I thought it had to do with the result page of your bookmark being within your search scope, when I've tested this on our small company tenant. But I've seen other behaviour on a larger Sharepoint tenant from one of our clients, so we're still looking into this. 

@Susan_Z985  I seem to find that when searching from my home site, it uses bookmarks but when searching from a hub or a site collection, it is using query rules I have set up within my SharePoint settings.  it is rather frustrating that the bookmarks don't seem to flow down to the hub and sites but for now I am maintaining both bookmarks and sharepoint search results.  

@Mel_C13 did you find a solution for this?

I have not.
I'm expecting to solve this with a PNP solution, who tell me that Bookmarks is not supported yet. https://github.com/microsoft-search/pnp-modern-search/issues/614#issuecomment-1090053311