SOLVED

Windows Autopilot and selecting the right application type

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I was told that Win32 apps are better for the enrollment and deployment of Windows Autopilot Devices, and also the Out of Box Experience in general actually.

Alot of applications are now available as Microsoft Store App (new). Would it be better to switch to that for a smoother enrollment?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Djaswant (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Djaswant,

When doing Windows Autopilot, is it important to not mix LOB (Line of-business) apps and Win32 apps, as this could cause your enrollment to fail. I would always use Win32 instead of LOB apps.

You should use Microsoft Store apps whenever possible, as they would be keep up-to-date and not require you to manually update an application as it would with Win32.
Thanks for the advice Nicklas!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Djaswant (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Djaswant,

When doing Windows Autopilot, is it important to not mix LOB (Line of-business) apps and Win32 apps, as this could cause your enrollment to fail. I would always use Win32 instead of LOB apps.

You should use Microsoft Store apps whenever possible, as they would be keep up-to-date and not require you to manually update an application as it would with Win32.

View solution in original post