Start with prerequisites when deploying LOB apps

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to deploy our BI app via Endpoint Manager, but it has some prerequisites. 
When they are not installed in the correct order, the installation fails.

I have made 4 PS scripts that takes care of the prerequisites, but these need to run in the correct order to make it work.
1. PS: Add SQL server to users hosts file.
2. PS: Add an ODBC connection for SQL driver.
3. PS: Install .net3 (Windows feature)

4. LOB: Install my LOB app (BI system)
5. PS: Create settings file in BI App directory

I can run the scripts manually, push the app and run the last script without problems.

But when I publish the app and the scripts in Endpoint Manager, I cant seem to control in which order they are run, and the everything falls apart.
I was hoping that they would just "retry" until everything had been installed in the correct order, but it doesn't seem so.
Is there a way to "force" a retry, or some way to control the order in which things are deployed to the clients?

1 Reply
Hi,

You could add those scripts to one PowerShell scripts which calls up the scripts one at the time and convert it to a Win32App. (or create on big powershell script...)The win32app has all of the scripts in it, its just like a big zip file with a installation file

This app would call upon the first install script. This script will call upon the separate scripts.