Samsung SM-P200 stops setting up your device when logging into Company Portal

Copper Contributor

Other devices can log in normally (such as Huawei), but when logging in to an account on a Samsung device, it will be stuck at setting up your device. My account is an Office E5 administrator account. The specific operation process (login account-confirm that the device is managed by the company) - Setting up your device) Waiting for hours and can't get to the home page 

Screenshot_20230308-094936_Company Portal.jpg

27 Replies
Yes, but some software on my device won't work without rooting.
I'm afraid you can't choose and like I said, don't use rooted phones with company data
You can try relaxing the device management policies to allow rooted devices, but like @Harm_Veenstra mentioned, rooted devices shouldn't be used to access company data.
My purpose of using Microsoft Portal is to sync data across multiple devices. So no important data will be stored in it.
Microsoft portal as in using OneDrive for example? You can't get around the enrollment of a rooted phone, it's blocked by Samsung then changing the settings in the enrollment restrictions won't help I guess.

Don't have any experience with rooted phones in Intune, never did or will do that :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Screenshot_20230310-143421_Company Portal.jpg

Screenshot_20230310-143410_Company Portal.jpg

Screenshot_20230310-143047_Edge.jpg

  Now that you have registered successfully, you only need to add rules that restrict the registration of Android administrators.

@Harm_Veenstra 

There is a problem with this translation!
It does work. Tested with a bunch of other manufacturers. Never with Samsung, so don’t know whether it work with Samsung or not.