Your response will remain anonymous to the form owner after you sign in to save the response.

Copper Contributor

Why am i getting the "Your response will remain anonymous to the form owner after you sign in to save the response."? Any way to get rid of this?

24 Replies

@Alan_Burris 

I've just noticed this update too and it's really annoying! I need to set the settings to 'anyone can respond' as i'm sharing with people outside of the business, however it wont be anonymous as i'm capturing name/email etc in the form, so this quote is completely irrelevant for me. 

Any ideas on how we remove it?

Hi @Sophietc 

This concern has been received by the product team, and they are considering adding a setting to allow the form owner to disable that experience.

@Dingkun Xie Thanks for the update. 

Do you know the earliest this could be implemented? 

It is currently under discussion, and we cannot share an ETA at this time.
ok thank you.

Can i also add that the option to hide the 'Submit another response' checkbox under settings isn't currently working. I've had it unticked and its still displaying as a link on my thank you page.

Hi @Sophietc 

I cannot reproduce the issue with my forms. Could you please provide more information, such as whether it is a form or a quiz, what your settings are, and whether this issue occurs in all of your forms or only in specific ones?

@Dingkun Xie Apologies, this is might be my error! it seems to working fine now i've refreshed my office platform. 

Thank you for the update! Good to know it works.
Any update on being able to remove this? I will be collecting names/email so it is 100% inaccurate.
I have shared these typical scenarios with the product team, and they are currently evaluating this case.

Hi @Dingkun Xie 
Please can you help explain what this line means? "Your response will remain anonymous to the form owner after you sign in to save the response" and why there is an option to 'Save the response'. I cannot find any information on the Microsoft website on this update and i need to understand the impact of this change. 

• What happens if someone doesn't click 'Save the response'? Is the form response still saved in the synced spreadsheet? It looks like it is when I tested but without knowing why this button exists, I can't be sure.
  • After the form filler submits - if they click 'Save the response', and login, do they only get to see their response and no others?

I would appreciate your response as we are finding this change very disconcerting and it will have a major implication if we can no longer MS Forms.  Thanks in advance

Hi @User960 

• What happens if someone doesn't click 'Save the response'? Is the form response still saved in the synced spreadsheet? It looks like it is when I tested but without knowing why this button exists, I can't be sure.

This button appears on the thank you page after submitting the response, so it does not affect the submission of the response (the response will still sync to the Excel worksheet).

• After the form filler submits - if they click 'Save the response', and login, do they only get to see their response and no others?

Yes, the form taker can only view their own submitted responses and not those of others.

Anxiously awaiting this answer. I would also like to remove this from a form before I launch it. Please advise. Thanks.

@Alan_Burris figured out somewhat of a runaround:

found an old form from before the change, share as template, made a new form and erased all previous questions/content and added new. No “your response will remain anonymous…” at end. 

tedious, but better than waiting for the eventual change. 

thanks for everyone’s comments and shared aggravation with nonsensical addition. 

Any ETA on this? I'm also very intererested in this issue as it is preventing us from using the form.
Same here! Would love an ETA on the fix so we can us the form as well. We too are requesting names and email addresses.

Thank you for your patience. Here's an update on the latest progress. The product team has decided to adjust the wording of the 'Save the response' and 'Save and edit later' buttons, and will no longer mention that responses will remain anonymous. We hope this change will address some users' needs for collecting user information through the 'Anyone can respond' form. We expect this change to be deployed to production in the next few weeks. As for another type of feedback requesting a setting to enable/disable the 'Save the response' feature for form owners, the product team is aware of this need and is currently discussing possible changes. We anticipate having discussion results in the next few weeks. 

@Dingkun Xie that's great news - can you also suggest that the ability to add a captcha to the page is really important!?  Either a built in captcha - or the ability to add some code in a content editor part woud be super helpful and make forms actually very useful!