How to change the email address that is used to send the responses to in a form?

Copper Contributor

Can I edit the email address that the responses go to? I have a user who created a form under their account but doesn’t want the responses to go to them but to a different email address. Can that be done? Thanks.

37 Replies

@Damien Rosario 

I've been reading your replies and it's very helpful.. I did encountered an error.See attached. I'm trying to use "send an email to shared mailbox".

One reason i can think of is i don't have access to this group mailbox. Is this why the flow is failing?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @monettepalomo 

Hope you are well.

Probably a couple of issues here, one you've already mentioned.

1. You'll need access to the mailbox to use it in Power Automate.

2. You appear to be trying to link to an on prem mailbox and the error indicates that you can't connect to on prem.

Here's a discussion around this issue for more info.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Encountering-errors-with-Shared-Mailbox-s...

Hope this helps with some ideas?

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

Hi Damien,

Wondering about the same question above. Do you know if its possible to also add a link in the email that takes you back to the online form responses?

Thank you

Hi @sebastianmiranda16 

Who do you wish to be taken to the response? The submitter or you as the person overseeing the form?

If you want the submitter to see what they have submitted, this can't be done and will need to programmed into Power Automate (formerly Flow) to allow for an email with the details to go to the submitter.

If you want it for yourself, you can just visit the form and view the responses.

If you want to share a summary of all responses to the form, you can use the Get a Summary link option in the Responses section of your form. Be mindful if there's any private info in it as it will show up in the summary page.

Cheers

Damien

Hi @Damien Rosario , thank you for sharing your knowledge!

I do have a MS form and a flow for visitors sign in & out .

The meeting organizer will send the invite including the link to the MS form.

The flow will notify employees of visitor's arrival. The visitor is a text field, due to limitations

in the MS form drop down field, which has no search functionality and it is not user friendly in long  list (800+ employees), I'm using a text field instead of drop down.

The risk is that the visitor misspelled the employee's name and  of course the employee won't get the email notification.

Is there a way to get flow to search for a similar name in our AD or O365 and send the email if a match is found and if no name is found then send the e-mail to someone else like a gnral reception inbox.

The flow also creates the item in sharepoint list and the column I have for the "host" is a text field, rather than a people field since there is no way to pre-populate fields in MS forms unless you have dynamics and CDS. (I didn't see how to get this with MS Forms Pro

Thank you for your help

Hi @Olga Melo 

Yup, this is a tricky one.

There is an action called Search for users (V2) which allows for partial or full keyword searches and produces a list of matches.

capture20200729170748941.png

You could have some complex set of conditions to vet the partial results out and see if you can narrow down a user, which is not worth it I would think.

I would suggest keeping it simple with a condition in your flow to say that if Search for users (V2) can't find the user (use first name and last name results as the search parameters), then it should send an email to reception. If the name does match to an individual in the directory, send them an email.

Another way to go might be to use Send an email with options (V2) which allows you to embed an option like "Arrived" into the email for visitors to tap on which could trigger the flow to automatically email the correct Host to say that their guest has arrived.

The only questions I have is how does the SharePoint list work? The organiser sends out the meeting invite, but you mention a SharePoint list and Host column. How does the meeting info get into there?

Without seeing your flow or SP list, I am only guessing a possible solution but I hope it gives you some ideas on a way forward.

Cheers

Damien 

Thanks @Damien Rosario for taking the time to reply.

This was complicated for me! I managed to get help from a consultant and he set up the flow using a variable and the action called Search for users (V2) as you mentioned on your response.

All is working as expected.

Thanks again

Great to hear @Olga Melo. Glad it's working out for you!

Best wishes with your flows and whatnots.

Cheers

Damien

This issue is a few years old now.  Do we have an update on when we will be able to change the email addresses in Forms? 111k views..... it is a needed feature.

Damien Rosario Thank you for this solution, I am having an issue where the email I'm setting the response to is getting two emails every time a form is filled out. This happened after I turned off the "Get email notification of each response in the survey form settings. I turned this off as I didn't want to receive an email every time a form was filled out.  Any ideas on how to work around this issue?

@Damien Rosario Thank you! This was so helpful for me today, got me up and running on my first flow!

Hi @crazyspatial 

Apologies, missed seeing your question. Is this still an issue for you?

If yes, please show a screen shot of your flow. It is difficult to diagnose without seeing how you're set up.

As a thought, you may want to check if your email has the recipient lised twice in it for example as cc.

Good luck and best wishes

Damien

Hi @Aleks Lopez 

Glad that worked out for you. There's so much potential with Power Automate. Well worth a look!

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

Go to the 3 dots in the right upper corner, click on collaborate or duplicate, obtain a link to duplicate, and send it to the email you want as the one that will be receiving the responses' notifications. They will get the email, click on the "duplicate" option, and will take them to the duplicated form. They can now edit it. They will have to create a new link for people to see and fill out the form, but once that's done, the responses will get to them and not the previous email. @cordovad 

Just duplicate the form and send it to the other email.

@Damien Rosario 

I have a similar question, is it possible to include a link to the form responses in the email that is sent when a response is received? 

Hi @TFBSD 

I'm not aware of a link to the form response itself that can be used unless you've saved the details to a SharePoint list which would then allow you to link to that item using Power Automate.

Personally, I use Power Automate to list the responses in an email at the time it is submitted, so there's no need to have a link to the form response itself.

DamienRosario_0-1707277904135.png

I do more often than not, also save the responses in SharePoint for future reference and/or depending on the task requirement.

This templated flow will help you get started with a simple set up like mine above.

Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms | Power Automate

Hope that helps? If I have misunderstood anything, please let me know.

Best wishes

Damien