SOLVED

forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING on its own every 2 seconds(like someone is pressing F5)

Brass Contributor
i have started to encounter this error in Microsoft FORMS since Monday this week
the site forms.office.com keeps on REFRESHING and RESETTING, i cannot create nor update. every 2 seconds, it refreshes (it's like someone is pressing the F5 button every 2 seconds)

I have tried launching Forms from Chrome, IE and EDGE, all of which gives me the same error.  
I am already desperate. i have PRODUCTION forms which i need to revise .  Please help !
60 Replies

@DominikPL Hi

My company is also starting to see this problem. Has anyone got an update as to why it is happening again?

@DHawkins 

I am having this issue with a portion of our users but currently can't see why some work and some don't.

(Simple form linked to a SharePoint list with flows).   It fails after the landing page going to    Have you had any luck?   The form wasn't used much for a short period, then we noticed November/December and still isn't resolved.  

Any help/advice appreciated.   Permissions look OK on all aspects, we've tried different browsers, works as one person logged into same machine under different profile.  Just a group of users with no coloration that I can find.

@ITproJoe Sorry for the late, can you PM me some of the information like formid, or sessionid etc? 

We are also experiencing the issue, forms worked fine up until last month. It seems to be authentication related. Looking at the source of the error in the browser shows "Seamless single sign on failed for the user. This can happen if the user is unable to access on premises AD or intranet zone is not configured correctly".

@Kevin4455 looks it's related to Seamless Single Sign-On, can you try the troubleshooting steps at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/hybrid/tshoot-connect-sso?

Also, did it happen to multiple users? and is it browser specific (i.e. all browser has issue or only specific browser)? Can you share a form id which has issue?

Sure, I can have our M365 tenant admin take a look at the SSO settings. I'm the Teams admin for our agency and it doesn't happen to me but for normal users it does. I have an alternate account in our AD for testing that is set up like a basic user and it happens for that account as well. Here is a sample Form ID but it happens for any. Btw, we're GCC not sure if that matters. Thanks.

S8U_A6PlvE6EJY6I-Cf8T8vYtdV7mVtIvK62o7raNl1UM0FZM0Q2OEZORUEzNUVCRUdKOE9TM1lHSC4u.

Ok, I was able to view our AAD Admin Center and I see Federation, Seamless single sign-on, Pass-through authentication and Email as alternate login ID all disabled. Do we need SSO enabled? I don't have rights to do that our M365 tenant admin will have to turn it on. Thanks.

@Jennifer Vitug 

I am getting this exact same issue now. Tried different browsers and incognito. I see someone posted a guide for hybrid environments but I am using a cloud only tenant. 

I am getting the very same issue - once i access a form it starts to refresh and eventually puts me into a login page, stating i am already logged in. tested on different browsers -chrome, edge and safari, incognito modes and have encountered through alternative devices so must be linked to account somehow. This is extremely frustrating.

@john_stuart 

One possible reason is because the user has been assigned too many admin roles, remove some roles can fix the issue. More information of admin roles can be found in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/add-users/about-admin-roles?view=o365-worldwid...

I have the same issue... I have a workflow through forms and i can't collect the answers! It keeps refreshing every 2sec @Frank Yan  @DominikPL 

Please check my reply - It could be caused by multiple roles assigned to one user.

Please check my reply - It could be caused by multiple roles assigned to one user.

everyone on this thread - this workaround has been successful. obviously not a great fix as i am a small business owner and was the admin for most of the apps so have had to make changes to suit this workaround but it did solve the short term issue. Long term MS needs to resolve this .

@Dingkun Xie like @john_stuart , This solution worked for me - but I am in the same boat as an administrator for a small business, so this issue really needs to be rectified. 

@Jennifer Vitug 

Confirmed resolution here!

I had too many admin roles. I went into M365 Admin and removed all admin roles except 'Global Administrator'. Problem gone!

@Dingkun Xie 

Solved changing several admin roles for only Global Admin. I know maybe it is an easy one but it is always good to reconfirm. Is Global Admin enough to be able to admin any feature within MS 365? 

Global Admin is sufficient for the Microsoft Forms product, but I am uncertain about other M365 products.