Appointments keep canceling in Bookings

Copper Contributor

I have group classes set up for a max of 125 people. The appointments keep sending auto cancellations and there are still spaces. I literally have had over a dozen people trying to register. They get a confirmation and then a cancellation. What is going on?

37 Replies

@Elisa_Hanley 

Our team has the same issue, in 2023. Any updates Microsoft? Every booking is sending a cancellation notice.

@Radhika_Khetan_MSFT
This is happening for my appointments too. When a new person books for our class, it sends a cancellation to everyone who has already booked previously. I keep having to send follow-up emails to all registrants saying "No. It's not canceled, please disregard." This is really bad because I am sure there are people that don't show up because they thing it's canceled when it's not.

@Lisa Stebbins April 2023 it's come back to us again too. We had this issue in 2020, and now it's just returned in April 2023 where it suddenly sends Cancel notices to everyone when a new #11 signs up out of 20 seats.

This error seems to have existed for over 3 years. What's going on at Microsoft? In any case, bookings cannot be used in this way

@Elisa_Hanley 

We are having the same problem.  I would hope that @Microsoft would be able to fix this glitch.  

I am having the same issue. When someone cancels or when I manually take someone out, everyone gets cancelation emails and invites removed from their calendar. It's caused a lot of confusion for all involved....not sure why @Pernille-Eskebo can't seem to resolve this issue. It doesn't seem like it is happening if you manually add in a calendar invite via Outlook but that defeats the purpose of using the application....

Yep, periodically get this issue as well. Turned off the feature to allow staff to manage their own booking and it happened again today. We are doing ICT Inductions so it's not great.
@igonyea
So, Igonyea, Are you saying registrants 1-10 and 12-20 are fine, even if one of them cancels? And only when regestrant #11 happens to cancel is when this issue (canceling the whole booking) is triggered? Thank you!

@Lisa Stebbins I'm saying for a service that allows say 20 users. When #11 signs up, then the cancels go out to the 10 previous.

So, the first 10 work as expected, even if one of them were to cancel but, once 11 register and THEN someone cancels, the problem arises, correct?
So what happens when there are 12 or more registrants and any one of the cancels, it happens then too?
In other words, once there are more than 10 registrants, the problem is triggered, or is it specific to the 11st registrant somehow.

Sorry to be so dense. I just want to be sure I get it right so I can accurately speak to and describe a workaround to my users....if there is one.
That is what I recall. It's been a minute since I've been close to the issue. It's fine until #11 and beyond start signing up and then the bug starts to appear with cancellations ... It comes and goes.
Ours is so random in the cancellation. Ours just cancels one person at a time and there is no rhyme or reason to what time the cancellation is sent vs how long ago they booked. If it cancels more than 1 person, they aren't even sent the notice in any time period near each other. Nobody also booked an appointment around the time the cancellation was sent.

@Lisa Stebbins We are facing this same problem for less than 11 users, too. I don't see any difference for the 11th user.

Just in case you are fixating on the 11 :D

@FxFranke could you please create a support ticket so that we can collect additional information and help unblock you asap?

Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Thanks,

Babu

Hi @Babu_Alagarsamy, thank you for your quick reaction.
Ironically, today is our last day of premium support, so maybe my contact person will get back to me in time. Otherwise, I will open a ticket.

Edit July 5th: Ticket under way...

@Fx Franke My newest theory is the setting that allows you to "Send a meeting invite to the customer, in addition to the confirmation email" in the Notification section. I normally have it enabled but, for my last event, I disabled it. The registrants reported that they did NOT get a cancellation notification when someone else canceled their reservation.

So either MS fixed the problem or disabling this feature stops the cancellation email from being sent to all the registrants.

Hi @Lisa Stebbins,

thanks for the tip, I will try that out. I have just opened a ticket with my IT to open a ticket with MS (Ticket for a Ticket :face_with_tears_of_joy:), but it is definitely worth a try as a quick workaround.

Only problem with that is that people would have to create their own calendar entry. Not so customer friendly and a bit faffy compared to just double-click on the .ics-file...
If MS managed to solve this properly, I would prefer that.

Yes, I agree. It's not a solution but a workaround until Microsoft fixes the root cause. What I did was include a reminder in the follow-up emails to check and be sure to reserve the timeslot in their personal Outlook calendars. For what it's worth, the attendance for my event doubled!