SOLVED

Confused about commercial use of microsoft AI images

Copper Contributor

I'm a little confused about commercial use of AI images from microsoft.

On one hand, bing image creator terms says NO commercial use

On the other hand, dall e 3 (accessed through bing chat) can be used commercially

But don't they both come from the same AI engine?

7 Replies
best response confirmed by askingandasking (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @askingandasking,

while both Bing Image Creator and DALL·E 3 are AI-driven tools, they differ in their terms of use for commercial applications.

Regarding Bing Image Creator, it restricts the use of generated images to personal, non-commercial purposes. Essentially, any images created with Bing Image Creator cannot be used for commercial activities.

In contrast, DALL·E 3, provided by OpenAI, allows for commercial use of the images it generates.
This implies that the images created using DALL·E 3 belong to the user, granting the right to reprint, sell, and merchandise them, whether generated through free or paid credits.

To summarize, while both tools leverage AI to produce images, it's important to note that their terms of use are set by their respective providers and are not identical.

Use of images generated via bing create for commercial use - Microsoft Community
Can I use images generated with AI Bing Image Creator for commercial - Microsoft Community
DALL·E - Content Policy FAQ | OpenAI Help Center

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@askingandasking  and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall that horse **bleep** is why I prefer Midjourney!

No bs! Just buy a plan, and once subscribed, you own ALL the rights from now on till the end of time. Plans are from 8$ a month. 

Microsoft is always incoherent and impossible to figure out for normal ppl. 

@LeonPavesic 

Is your information now out of date? Microsoft changed the name of 'Bing Image Creator' to 'Image Creator by Designer'. I read its Terms of Use, and could not find any language stating you cannot use the images you create for commercial purposes. This is important because the AI of Image Creator does not appear to behave exactly the same as the AI used in ChatGPT Plus. The images coming out of Image Creator are sometimes superior to those coming out of ChatGTP Plus. So this issue is kind of a big deal and I think people really need a clear and dependable answer.

@LeonPavesic 

Hello,

So if i created an image myself with the bing image creator, and my image says it was created by dalle 3 are they mine to do what i want with them even sell ?

Thanks for the info 

:pensive_face::unamused_face:What's the meaning of providing access to such a ai tools if we can't use it as we want. We created images for our convenience (by our own prompt). Please let us to use it as we want.. If not don't let the access to such a tools. It's time wasting thing. Whenever we try to do something. that license fact coming up:(:thumbs_down::thumbs_down: disgusting!

@gb0001yt 

" We created images for our convenience (by our own prompt). Please let us to use it as we want"

If you have created an image, it means that you have accessed it legally. It doesn't matter if you have a license or have used a free tool – Microsoft does not own this image. Paid licenses must be acquired by developers who implement the API in the applications they create.

You can enjoy the images you've created and even monetize them!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by askingandasking (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @askingandasking,

while both Bing Image Creator and DALL·E 3 are AI-driven tools, they differ in their terms of use for commercial applications.

Regarding Bing Image Creator, it restricts the use of generated images to personal, non-commercial purposes. Essentially, any images created with Bing Image Creator cannot be used for commercial activities.

In contrast, DALL·E 3, provided by OpenAI, allows for commercial use of the images it generates.
This implies that the images created using DALL·E 3 belong to the user, granting the right to reprint, sell, and merchandise them, whether generated through free or paid credits.

To summarize, while both tools leverage AI to produce images, it's important to note that their terms of use are set by their respective providers and are not identical.

Use of images generated via bing create for commercial use - Microsoft Community
Can I use images generated with AI Bing Image Creator for commercial - Microsoft Community
DALL·E - Content Policy FAQ | OpenAI Help Center

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post