SOLVED

Problem with Bing Wallpaper app

Brass Contributor

It keeps changing my Fit setting to "Span" and always looks terrible on my displays. I'd like to set my own preference, but it keeps changing it back. Is there any way to prevent this happening?

8 Replies
best response confirmed by caresrg (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@caresrg Thanks for letting us know. We've shared your feedback with our Bing Wallpaper App team so they can work towards making sure your settings stay the way you want them.

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

Mine defaults to Fill every time it changes wallpaper.  I have it set to Stretch, as I have multiple screens with different resolutions, so annoying for it to keep changing this !! Either way, Bing Wallpaper should leave this setting alone.

I have this same problem. On multiple monitors, 3 total, the Microsoft Bing logo is getting cut off on the lower right side of the monitors. When set to stretch this fixes the problem until the next daily wallpaper update and then the wallpaper reverts to Fill and logo is cutoff! Have tried troubleshooting but am still needing help. Windows 11 MinisForum U700 machine. Thanks @Sphere2080 

@caresrg 

I have this same problem and it is now December 2023, over three years since your original post. It doesn't seem to be a high priority for the development team. A shame since I really like the wallpapers, but re-setting  the 'Fit' personalization attribute every day is a pain.

It's been fixed for me with the latest Bing wallpaper app. For a long time now. I'm running the latest wide-release Windows 11.

@caresrg That's good to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm on Win 11 and have been getting all the updates. I just re-installed the Bing Wallpaper app, so will see if it's fixed when the wallpaper rolls over. Merry Christmas 

@Alyxe Upon testing again, 2nd DisplayPort and 3rd DVI or VGA monitor still doesn't keep the stretch or fill setting when a new daily wallpaper appears. Half of Microsoft Bing is cutoff at bottom right of screens. On main monitor HDMI, it stays visible. Thanks for your interest in solving this bug. Pete

@Alyxe 

I have had the problem of using fit (it always sets back to fill everyday)

This is a very old problem, Come on people

It is not rocket science

Zen8

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by caresrg (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@caresrg Thanks for letting us know. We've shared your feedback with our Bing Wallpaper App team so they can work towards making sure your settings stay the way you want them.

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

View solution in original post