SOLVED

Group Office 365 vs Planner

Brass Contributor

Hello,

We've blocked the creation of Office 365 groups by users using this documentation (https://support.office.com/pt-br/article/Control-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5...). However, we have noticed that some users have the need to create plans in Planner Office 365.

My question: Would you be able to release the users to create the plans, without adding the users in the Security Group as documented above? I would not like to leave the "button" of creating groups by the user through your email.

Tks

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Thomas Cezario (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you are blocking the creation of Groups, then you are also blocking the creation of Plans...there is not a currently a separate process to enable / disable Groups / Plans creation

Ok Juan.

Thank's

The problem that we face with Groups is that a single AAD policy controls the creation of groups for:

1. Planner

2. Teams

3. Stream

... and any other applications that come along that want to use Groups as a membership service. This situation was acceptable when very few applications used Groups. I think some added granularity is needed now to allow or deny creation rights for individual applications.

TR

Thats the same issue I'm struggling with at the moment.  With the Office365 groups being integrated so heavly and no granular controls it makes it hard to turn on some of these other apps like Yammer, Teams, etc.  

There is no real way to have any goverence also and my other big issue is all these groups show up in the GAL.  If you do turn on the creation of groups you can't leave it up to the end users on whether to flip a switch to say don't show in GAL.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Thomas Cezario (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you are blocking the creation of Groups, then you are also blocking the creation of Plans...there is not a currently a separate process to enable / disable Groups / Plans creation

View solution in original post