SOLVED

#VALUE!

Copper Contributor

I can't find why I get the value error in this formula I put in...it should tell me how many days or just show open...its probably something simple but I can't see it

Error Value.png

4 Replies

@Ojiisanusa 

You are probably trying an arithmetic operation on a cell that is TEXT.

Thank you for the help...I checked every cell format to make sure it was a date or a number...still nothing...but thank you...
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Ojiisanusa The #VALUE error is caused by an incorrect syntax. You have closed the formula with the double bracket after L44-B44. Anything you type after it will cause #VALUE.

I see what you are trying to achieve, and believe that the following formula will do just that:

=IF(G44>N44+Q44+T44,"OPEN",MAX(L44,O44,R4)-B44)

Of course, this assumes that you will NOT enter an exit date until you have actually exited from a deal.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you my friend for sharing a moment of your time for me...this worked nicely. I will study what you did and learn from it...again many thanks to you for your kindness.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Ojiisanusa The #VALUE error is caused by an incorrect syntax. You have closed the formula with the double bracket after L44-B44. Anything you type after it will cause #VALUE.

I see what you are trying to achieve, and believe that the following formula will do just that:

=IF(G44>N44+Q44+T44,"OPEN",MAX(L44,O44,R4)-B44)

Of course, this assumes that you will NOT enter an exit date until you have actually exited from a deal.

View solution in original post