SOLVED

Using the If function

Copper Contributor

Hi. need some expert help.

i have 2 exel sheets, 1 with my prices and article nuber, and one with matching prices from opponents and the same article numbers.

not all of my articles are in the opponents, and i have to copy from my sheet over to the other excel file BUT i havet to have exel sort out wich of the article numbers is in that sheet and copy the prie ind right place.

hope this was not to hard to understand. hehe

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Davaien (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Davaien I've attached a small example with some possible solutions for you. Depending on the Excel version you work with and how exactly the data is structured, at least one of them should work for you. It can be a straight-forward VLOOKUP, a combination of INDEX and MATCH or the newer XLOOKUP function. 

The examples are in it's roughest form. That is, using direct cell references, no structured tables, no error trapping. Thus, nothing fancy, but it should allow you to understand how these functions work and adopt them to you own sheets.

Thank you so much. i'll look into it :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Davaien (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Davaien I've attached a small example with some possible solutions for you. Depending on the Excel version you work with and how exactly the data is structured, at least one of them should work for you. It can be a straight-forward VLOOKUP, a combination of INDEX and MATCH or the newer XLOOKUP function. 

The examples are in it's roughest form. That is, using direct cell references, no structured tables, no error trapping. Thus, nothing fancy, but it should allow you to understand how these functions work and adopt them to you own sheets.

View solution in original post