TextJoin using vba when a new row is filled

Copper Contributor

I am new to programming in excel (I mainly work in Access) and am running into a bit of trouble. My company tracks performance metrics for each employee twice a month and a report is required to push to corporate monthly. Currently everything is done by hand or copy and paste and I am trying to make my future additional duty more simplified, so I am creating an excel db from scratch.  I have a table that has 3 columns (I will be adding the rest of the columns after I get this one piece figured out) The first column is Month Cycle (Mid-Month, End Of Month) the second is Month (January thru December) and the third is Year (2022 to 2030). The columns are set with drop down boxes pulling the information from 3 different worksheets to minimize typing all the time. I am trying to get a fourth column to TextJoin these three columns in VBA. I have succeeded with one specified row, however, I would like it to TextJoin each new row of information automatically when it is entered, if it can't be done automatically then a button is also ok. I just need to break through this wall I have hit. 

My VBA Code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim result As String

result = WorksheetFunction.TextJoin(" - ", True, Range("A3:E3"))

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G3").Value = result

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("G3").Select

End Sub

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

3 Replies

@TimothySmith 

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim result As String
Dim size As Integer
Dim cell_entries() As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim k As Integer
Dim j As Integer

size = 4
k = 1

For j = 3 To 30

ReDim cell_entries(size)

For i = 0 To size

cell_entries(i) = Cells(j, k).Value
k = k + 1
Next i

result = Join(cell_entries)
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(j, 7).Value = result

k = 1

Next j

End Sub

Maybe with this code.

Thank you Quadruple_Pawn for such a quick response. I appreciate what you and others do to help those of us who are not so savvy when it comes to programming. I will give it a try...

Thank you again
I tried it and it works perfectly. Thank you soo much...