SOLVED

Slicer affecting multiple tables that are not associated, and not filtering data correctly

Copper Contributor

I have a sheet that has multiple tables generated by power queries to filter the data.  I am not using pivot tables as the data is constantly in flux and the filters get lost when the data changes. 

I put slicers on each of the tables as I was not able to create a single slicer that was for all the tables, however each slicer is affecting multiple tables, which would be fine, but they are not filtering the additional tables correctly  

How can I stop the slicers from filtering the non associated tables or at least filter the data correctly  

The power query tables are related to the same source table 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ToddTranservice (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ToddTranservice 

what you describe sounds strange. Because a slicer on a table can only affect that specific table and nothing else. Only slicers on pivot tables can be connected to several other pivot tables, as long as they are built from the same source table.

Are your tables on the same worksheet or on different worksheets? Please apologize if it is just a stupid assumption on my side, but if they are all on the same worksheet side by side, a filter on one table will effect automatically other tables, if the are sitting on the same rows (a filtered row will be invisible completely, and not only on the table where the filter gets applied)

@Martin_Weiss 

That was the issue.  I missed that within everything that was moving. 

Thank you.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ToddTranservice (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ToddTranservice 

what you describe sounds strange. Because a slicer on a table can only affect that specific table and nothing else. Only slicers on pivot tables can be connected to several other pivot tables, as long as they are built from the same source table.

Are your tables on the same worksheet or on different worksheets? Please apologize if it is just a stupid assumption on my side, but if they are all on the same worksheet side by side, a filter on one table will effect automatically other tables, if the are sitting on the same rows (a filtered row will be invisible completely, and not only on the table where the filter gets applied)

View solution in original post