SOLVED

Resize Excel Worksheet TABS

Copper Contributor

Without warning today, my Excel Worksheet TABS increased in size.  Previously I was able to have some 20+ Worksheet TABS visible at the bottom of the Workbook.  Now there are only 10 visible.   

How do I resize this back to display all 20 Tabs?    Excel Version 2305 

5 Replies

@kiwibadge 

To resize the worksheet tabs in Excel to display more or fewer tabs, you can adjust the tab scrolling settings.

Here is how you can do it:

1. Right-click on any of the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the Excel window.
  2. In the context menu that appears, select "Tab scrolling buttons" to open the Tab scrolling buttons menu.
  3. In the Tab scrolling buttons menu, you will see two options: "Scroll buttons" and "Tab width." By default, the "Scroll buttons" option is selected, which limits the number of visible tabs and adds navigation buttons to scroll through them.
  4. To display more tabs, uncheck the "Scroll buttons" option. This will expand the width of the tab area to accommodate more tabs.
  5. If you prefer to keep the scroll buttons but want to adjust the tab width, choose the "Tab width" option. In the sub-menu, you can select from various predefined widths, such as "Narrow," "Medium," or "Wide." Choose a wider tab width to display more tabs.
  1. Click on the desired option in the Tab scrolling buttons menu to apply the changes.

Once you have adjusted the tab scrolling settings, the worksheet tabs will resize accordingly, and you should be able to see more tabs at the bottom of the workbook.

Please note that the menu options may vary slightly depending on the version of Excel you are using, but the general concept remains the same. The text and steps were created with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

I hope this helps!

best response confirmed by kiwibadge (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kiwibadge 

Interesting. Do you mean each tab became two times wider? What about tab height and font size, are they also changed?

And one more, if you drag 3 dots in front of scrolling bar after tabs to very right, how many tabs do you see?

Thanks @Sergei Baklan 

I did see 18-20 TABS across the bottom of the Workbook (dependent on the # characters), which reduced to 6-7 only 3 days ago.   However I have now logged in again and miraculously the file has reverted to the 18-20 TABS.   So I am completely baffled as I only closed the file and repoened it today.

Thank you for your thoughts & suggestions - I have used the 3 dots quite often to give me more space at the bottom.

Cheers, Steve

@NikolinoDE,
Unfortunately, when I Right-click on any of the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the Excel window, to view the Context Menu, there is no option to select "Tab scrolling buttons" to open the Tab scrolling buttons menu.
So unfortunately I cannot proceed further with you suggestions. Maybe I will ask AI why I do not have this option.
Cheers..

@kiwibadge 

Steve, thank you for the feedback. Great to know that was solved. However, for me it's unclear what could be the reason, never seen such.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kiwibadge (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kiwibadge 

Interesting. Do you mean each tab became two times wider? What about tab height and font size, are they also changed?

And one more, if you drag 3 dots in front of scrolling bar after tabs to very right, how many tabs do you see?

View solution in original post