SOLVED

Please Help

Copper Contributor

I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve for at least a day now, and I cannot see why my formula is not working with some SUMIF calculations, but then reports back "0" when is should contain a value!....

Kybo59_0-1693482443172.pngKybo59_1-1693482595528.png

.... The formula for B&M should report back a value, however, all I get back is a '0'. The SUMIF is as 'Old Road*' and Skip Bags*'. The only difference that I can see is that there are more than is more than one entry in the B&M invoice! ...   Help please?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Sergei Baklan (MVP)
Solution

@Kybo59 

The ranges in SUMIF should be the same size, but the real problem is that the amounts in column I are not in the same row as B&M in column C.

Would the amount always be 4 rows down from the row with B&M? I suspect not...

Thank you Hans. I will check that out!

@Kybo59 

I got what you told me, and I have managed to fix the problem. Maybe not in a conventional way, but I copied the 'supplier name' and then pasted 'special' in the row that had  the 'total' in column 'I'. Hey presto. Thank you :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:.  . . To keep the entries looking tidy, I changed the font to white, so that entry was no longer visible! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sergei Baklan (MVP)
Solution

@Kybo59 

The ranges in SUMIF should be the same size, but the real problem is that the amounts in column I are not in the same row as B&M in column C.

Would the amount always be 4 rows down from the row with B&M? I suspect not...

View solution in original post