SOLVED

OFFICE 365 - Return last entered value based on multiple conditions

Copper Contributor

Greetings to the Forum!

I kindly need your help with a formula in the attached spreadsheet. I'm using Office 365.

In the "raw data" tab I have a data set with various types of information relating to daily oil top ups for a fleet of trucks. In the "Summary" - COLUMN C (CURRENTLY OIL IN USE) - I would like to return the LATEST entry that meets the following conditions:

1. Matching Fleet number in the raw data and summary
2. Matching Transaction Type (Column E in raw data) as "SERVICE"
3. Matching Component (Column F in raw data) as "ENGINE"

The returned value in C3 (Summary tab)  should be the LATEST entry in COLUMN G (OIL TYPE IN USE) that meets ALL the above conditions.

Your help with this would be hugely appreciated!

Vito

5 Replies
best response confirmed by vitoaiaco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vitoaiaco 

=IFERROR(INDEX('RAW DATA'!$G$1:$G$100,LARGE(IF((SUMMARY!A3='RAW DATA'!$C$1:$C$100)*('RAW DATA'!$E$1:$E$100="SERVICE")*('RAW DATA'!$F$1:$F$100="ENGINE"),ROW('RAW DATA'!$A$1:$A$100)),1)),"")

You can try this formula if column A in sheet "RAW DATA" is always sorted in ascending order. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office 365 or Excel 2021.

@vitoaiaco 

=TAKE(FILTER('RAW DATA'!$G$2:$G$80,('RAW DATA'!$C$2:$C$80=$A3)*('RAW DATA'!$E$2:$E$80="SERVICE")*('RAW DATA'!$F$2:$F$80="ENGINE"),""),-1)

@vitoaiaco 

In converted the values in column A of the RAW DATA sheet to dates using Data > Text to Columns.

In C2:

=LET(MaxDate,MAXIFS('RAW DATA'!$A$2:$A$1000,'RAW DATA'!$C$2:$C$1000,A3,'RAW DATA'!$E$2:$E$1000,"SERVICE",'RAW DATA'!$F$2:$F$1000,"ENGINE"),IF(MaxDate=0,"-",INDEX('RAW DATA'!$G$2:$G$1000,MATCH(1,('RAW DATA'!$A$2:$A$1000=MaxDate)*('RAW DATA'!$C$2:$C$1000=A3)*('RAW DATA'!$E$2:$E$1000="SERVICE")*('RAW DATA'!$F$2:$F$1000="ENGINE"),0))))

Fill down.

Guys, thank you so so much for your responses!
Solution was found, much appreciated
Thank you so so much, this formula perfectly fixed all my problems!

Take care!
Vito
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vitoaiaco (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vitoaiaco 

=IFERROR(INDEX('RAW DATA'!$G$1:$G$100,LARGE(IF((SUMMARY!A3='RAW DATA'!$C$1:$C$100)*('RAW DATA'!$E$1:$E$100="SERVICE")*('RAW DATA'!$F$1:$F$100="ENGINE"),ROW('RAW DATA'!$A$1:$A$100)),1)),"")

You can try this formula if column A in sheet "RAW DATA" is always sorted in ascending order. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office 365 or Excel 2021.

View solution in original post