SOLVED

Need to figure out a formula to do the following

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am not very experienced in Excel but I am trying to make a spreadsheet that allows me to have the base cost of an item and multiply it by a set of specific % of markup to find the total price.

I have included a screenshot of what I have done so far but I can't figure out how to proceed. I'm sure it is an easy fix.

spreadsheet.jpg

I am trying to take the LIST PRICE in Column B and apply the percentage in cells C4, D4, E4, and F4 to give me the total cost in the appropriate cell columns.  I already have what I need to be done in row 4 (columns C-F)  but I need it to have it work so that whenever I add an item LIST PRICE to column B for the specific Item (Column 1) it will automatically add the Percentages into the correct column. But I need this to do this from Rows 4-35. That way I do not have to enter the original formula that I am using in row 4 ( =(B4*C3) ) to each cell individually. I hope all this makes sense.

I appreciate any help!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by BobNoyes_rnoyesphoto (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BobNoyes_rnoyesphoto 

=$B4*C$3

You can enter this formula in cell C4 and fill it across range C4:F35. This should work if i correctly understand what you want to do. 

@OliverScheurich 
That worked Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BobNoyes_rnoyesphoto (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BobNoyes_rnoyesphoto 

=$B4*C$3

You can enter this formula in cell C4 and fill it across range C4:F35. This should work if i correctly understand what you want to do. 

View solution in original post