NEED FORMULA ASSISTANCE

Copper Contributor

Hello and thank you for reading!

I have an idea but have no idea how to turn it into a formula.... Please help!

I have a workbook with two 'Sheets' = Invoice Tracking and Client Names.

I need this formula to impact any cells currently (and in the future) in Column H (Sheet Invoice Tracking).

I need the formula to pick up multiple cells/columns:

Column B (Sheet Client Names) is a list of names (From B3 to B23)

Column C, D, E, F, G and H (Sheet Client Names) are relevant to the name on the row

For example:

Column B                Column C             Column D        Column E         Column F   Column G   Column H

Bob Smith               South West           Microsoft        54897521         5421          458712        LH

George White         South West           Microsoft        64896154         5145          134582        SH

My hope is that if I write "Bob Smith" into H7 (Invoice Tracking) then I7:N7 (Invoice Tracking) will match B3:H3 (Client Name).

My current attempt is =IF('Client Names'!B3:B23, Table2[@[Region]:[Tax code]]='Client Names'!C3:H23,"")

2 Replies

A Colleague managed to help - but leaving this up in case anyone has anything like this in the future.

Needed to use VLOOKUP:

=VLOOKUP([@[Relating to Child]],'Client Names'!$B$2:$H$23,2,FALSE) (This was for I7)

@mollieesme 

Expanding on your colleagues' assistance, you can expand the Vlookup to populate the rest of the result in the subsequent columns - see attached example (I used a data validation drop down list, so that you can change the client name to see how the results are updated).