SOLVED

Need Assistance with Pivot Tables

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a directory of businesses for a category of social services for a local NPO that I am volunteering at, and I would also like to include a Spanish section due to Spanish-speaking needs in the population. After initially giving up after trying to create a data sheet which would then be transposed onto two worksheets (and just manually doing it through Word), I saw Pivot Tables and have renewed hope.

HOWEVER, the problem that I ran into while creating is that Tabular is the best mode, BUT it automatically groups like what is attached (FYI: Things like Nos being grouped as one big row of No).

I have been looking for a solution to this for over 30 minutes, but I haven't found any solutions that don't create additional issues. Another solution that I am open to is just using formulas within another field to give an asterisk and/or dagger for yes and no questions (as they may fit better on paper). I am also looking at trying to group or sort by zip code or City, but that doesn't seem to work as well.

Is there an easier way to create a spreadsheet for directory that is feasible to print  and to distinguish if there is bilingual staff which then can be printed out for clients and staff. Or is a Pivot Table in English then in Spanish my best solution and if so, how do I overcome the problems illustrated above? (Due to limitations and regulations with regard to federal and state laws for this type of NPO, coding and macros are NOT a viable solution.)

Thanks!

25 Replies

Hi @Jankysoft 

Yea_So_0-1624221653720.png

what are you doing driving a ferrari computer in a numbers farm?? You need to drive a Windows pick-up truck to get work done on the farm!
It comes as both. Doesn't matter, it doesn't have the feature on Mac. I will just do it on a Windows computer at a later date. Thanks again!
Either way, Excel will make it run like a clunker in the hood.

Hi @Jankysoft ,

Obviously, Microsoft is the manufacturer of Excel, and if I'm not mistaken if I owned Microsoft I am not going to give my competitor the product feature in my software to give them market share. I think that's a reasonable business model.

I mean, debatable but not the point of this forum. They did shift a bunch of programs over to Android, Linux, and MacOS because they realized that their "reasonable business model" was making them bankrupt. In any case, thank you again for your assistance!