Multiuser sheet

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Can I create a multiuser sheet?
I would like to create something like this:

Users : U1; U2; U3
Name of test: AAA, BBB, CCC
Number of test: ...

U1 can't see U2 and U3 data. U2 can't see U1 and U3 data.

Admin can see all data

Today we have 46 users and 46 sheets (I would like to write **bleep**, not sheet...).
The easy way is to develop a little database with a Web application, but my company don't want an IT development for many reasons.
Thank you for the help.

5 Replies

Hi Francesco,

There are more complicated macro solutions that you can set up, so that a user needs to "log in" to their sheet (e.g. input username and password), but if you don't want to go down that sort of path, perhaps you can let each user have their sheet, and use Get and Transform (Power Query) to pull all the results into a separate Admin sheet?  That way, Admin doesn't need to open up each sheet to see the data, they can just hit 'refresh' and all of the data will be available to them.

Would either of those ideas solve your issue?

Tim

Hi Tim,
THank you for your answer, but this solution is our actual solution. Each user has their own sheet (46 sheet!!!). I can't continue in this way, because if my boss ask to me to add a new field, feature, or other, I must to change 46 sheet.
THe best way, now I think possible only with VBA, is one sheet with an automatic filter to hide data of other users.

Hi Francesco,

If you want to change 46 sheets at the same time, you can select all of the sheets (select the first sheet, hold the Shift button down and select the last of the 46 sheets, assuming they're in a row), and when you make changes, it will apply them simultaneously to all sheets.  Would that solve your problem?

Otherwise, you might find that if it's just data entry that you're looking for, an Access solution might be a better alternative.

Kind regards,

Tim

Thank you Tim,

I did not know I could change al sheet in one time, this is a way.

Second question if I create Sheet1 for User1, S2 for U2, etc. can I share S1 ONLY for U1 and S2 only for U2 and so on? I think no!

I find this in a forum: Office 365 Excel Workbook - share only one worksheet . Now, if I use this way and I want to modify a field or add a new field, I need to modify all 46 sheet. Right? 

PS: For Access, to easy for me I love Access, but I'm online (OneDrive) and not in local network and they don't want an IT solution. I have already developed an Oracle Apex application, fully Web, perfect solution, but they want a solution updatable by an end user (No comment).  

@Francesco Cavalli 

hi, Is your problem solved? I am also looking for solution for such issue.

Thanks.