SOLVED

Multiple data entry from drop down list

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I’m trying to create a diet tracker that allows me to be able to match a number to a specific meal and the calories etc attached to that meal. 
The general idea is a list of meals numbered 1-99 with the dietary information. Next to this a table with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks slots next to a daily total for calories, protein, carbs and fats.

For example - If you were to select no.1 in the breakfast column then I want it to populate the daily total for each area in the correct column.  
Any help with either linking multiple values to the initial drop down number selection or with how to get the totals to show in the other table would be amazing.

Thanks in advance, 

Tom

image.jpg

2 Replies
best response confirmed by TomS1995 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TomS1995 

=SUM(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(N($B$4:$B$13=$I4:$M4)),E$4:E$13))

You can apply this formula. The formula is in cell O4 and filled across range O4:Q13. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office 365 or Excel for the web or Excel 2021.

multiple data.png

Youre a wizard! Thank-you!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TomS1995 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TomS1995 

=SUM(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(N($B$4:$B$13=$I4:$M4)),E$4:E$13))

You can apply this formula. The formula is in cell O4 and filled across range O4:Q13. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office 365 or Excel for the web or Excel 2021.

multiple data.png

View solution in original post