MIN function

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

So, In column A I have the dates of 2024 in format ddd-dd-mmm-yy. 

In column E I have a bank balance, which changes daily depending on what transactions are put into a different tab. This transactions tab is irrelevant to the issue I have, but just to give you some context it is so I can look at a particular date and know what the bank balance should be.

I have a dashboard which has a formula in it to work out what is the lowest value throughout the entire list of bank balances. The formula is simply =MIN(E63:E377). E63 being the cell address in column E, where cell A63 is todays date, and E377 being the 31st December 2024. Each day I go onto the spreadsheet, I want this MIN formula to automatically be updated to show from todays date. So, today it will say E63:E377, but tomorrow it will say E64:E377, as E64 is that days date. 

Does this make sense to anyone?! I've tried fiddling around with index, match, address functions, but not really getting too far!

Can someone please help? :)

Thank you.

6 Replies

@Andrew_Hinson 

=MIN(INDEX(E63:E377,MATCH(TODAY(),A63:A377,0)):INDEX(E63:E377,315))

This should return the intended result if i correctly understand what you are looking for.

@Andrew_Hinson 

If I understand the data arrangment correctly, try this one:

=LET(
    discard, XMATCH(TODAY(), A63:A377) - 1,
    keep, DROP(E63:E377, discard),
    MIN(keep)
)

@Andrew_Hinson 

A couple of possible 365 formulas

= MINIFS(balance, date, ">" & today)

= MIN(FILTER(balance, date>today))

Hi Oliver,
Thank you for your kind solution. I have followed that formula to the letter and it seems to be working!

Thank you again :)
Hi Patrick!

Thank you for coming back to me! I have tried Olivers solution above and it seems to be working. I usually like to try the different solutions I've got to see if I can understand how they are working, but I think with this it is far too complex!

I'll keep your solution in mind though :)

Thank you.
Hi Peter,

In the same situation as above per my reply to Patrick, but thank you so much for coming back to me and helping :)