IF formula help!

Copper Contributor

Hi

I wondered if someone could possibly help. This has me stumped. I’ve created a spreadsheet where Power Automate populates a table with answers from a quiz. It’s working well. The issue is as follows. On questions with multiple answers, the cell is populated like this…

[“water”,”stone”,”plants”]

It has to be this way as far as I understand. I need to then use the IF formula in the picture to populate another cell, ‘if the answer matches this exact permeatation, then show 1”

Whereas this formula works for other answers and values, it really doesn’t like the square brackets.

How do I tackle this?

Thank you in advance 

IMG_7425.jpeg

3 Replies

@Graeme_Clark2295 

Hi! You are simply missing a ")" at the end of your formulation to close your IF function. IF works well even with [] characters.

Hi

Thanks for the response, I’ve changed the image to show the actual formula. It still won’t work??

@Graeme_Clark2295 

Hi, when you try to reference the character (") in a formula, you should use ("") instead. Thefore, the formulation should be:

=IF(A1="[""Plants""]","It worked!")

Change the cell reference and the actual text based on your case. Just remember to use "" whenever there is an " in your base text.