help with IF formula

Copper Contributor

Dear community,

can somebody help me the following issue?

My if formula: =IF(accounts[@[Product ACV]]>1000000,"T","F") works fine. With this I get T or F.

However when I use this =IF(accounts[@[Product ACV]]>1000000,"True","False") it just shows me the whole formula instead of True or False.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 Replies

@miro-subasic  You probably have a typing error in your formula. Maybe one bracket is not closed or one bracket too many. Can you please upload a screenshot or a sample file.

thanks @dscheikey for your reply. There is no typing error. As written above this works: =IF(accounts[@[Product ACV]]>1000000,"T","F"). This gives either T or F as a result.
Without changing anything in the formula, just typing True instead of T and False instead of F it shows me the formula instead of True or False

Hi @miro-subasic 

It's highly probable the cell where you intially enterred your formula is formatted as Text:

1. Select the cell that contains your formula
  2. From the Home tab > Clear all
  3. Re-enter your formula

If still not good please upload & share your sample worbook with i.e. OneDrive, Google Drive... then paste the shared link here

Make sure that your cells are not set to text. Go to your home tab, and set the format to General