SOLVED

Excel start up display

Copper Contributor

OK, real simple question. When I open Excel I get a left side screen which is basically a MRU file list but in very large icons and the right side screen of suggested types of worksheet. Neither is of the slightest interest. The previous (2003) version simply opened with a blank worksheet and had a "File" menu to open the required worksheet - much simpler and easier. Is there any way to specify this behaviour in the latest (2016) version?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by David Thompson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi David,

File->Options->Ease of Access and disable  "Show the Start screen when this application starts" (it is On by default)

EaseAccess.JPG

Thanks, I knew it had to be easy but the "File, Options" was actually hidden until I selected open other workbooks. 

Sorted :)

Hi, Thanks again - I can't find the same option on Access though =- does it exist?

David

@Sergei Baklan wrote:

Hi David,

File->Options->Ease of Access and disable  "Show the Start screen when this application starts" (it is On by default)

EaseAccess.JPG

David, I don't work with Access. Thus not sure, probably

Access.JPG

You have to start with some database opening the Access - selecting from start screen or to open last used

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Thompson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi David,

EaseAccess.JPG

View solution in original post