Excel Gantt chart

Copper Contributor

For the course of Gantt chart, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfAOkXt5V_8, I have a question about how to determine the value of "Y-axis for Plan", because the value will affect the gap distances between the plan line and actual line as the value changing.

May somebody help me how to ascertain the value of "Y-axis for Plan" while you're free?

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies

@AlexFun2245 Maybe you have direct question which could be answered without watching the video?

@Sergei Baklan Hello, Sergei, thank you for your response. I paste a Excel table, I just want to know how to determine the values of "Y-axis for Plan", this is a challenge because this value will affect the blue lines' position. Thank you for your help.

@AlexFun2245 

Blue lines is scatter with errors bar which is linked to secondary Y axis. Values for the axis are in column Q which is simply sequential number of tasks from 0 to 8 shifted up on 0.2 for better visualization. Secondary Y axis is formatted with max 9, min 0 with major step as 1 (thus each major tick is against the task name) and minor step 0.2 which positions blue line bit higher.

Thus that's nothing more than numbers 0..8 plus 0.2.

Thank you very much, I'll try to understand the meaning. 

@Sergei Baklan 

@Sergei Baklan Hello, Sergei, I attached my file again, I confused about the value for Y-axis for Plan, because the blue line can't match every items and just locate below of the items accordingly. Thank you very much for your help.

@AlexFun2245 

You shall manually define options for the secondary vertical axis

min = 0

max = # of items+1

and units accordingly

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you very much, Sergei. It's very helpful. Thank you for your quick response and kindness.

@AlexFun2245 , you are welcome, glad to help