Excel drag and drop

Copper Contributor

Sir, Suppose i have entered a value like "2" in a column and in the same column below it  entered "4" and make a drag so excel will give another value as 6,8,10 etc. After doing this if i want to modify my values from 1,2,3,4 etc. using same data sets i.e. first one (2,4,6...) so how to do this ? Please respond over this.

Priyam Mishra

3 Replies
I really didnt understand it.
But you can copy and paste the values from one column to another column after you populate with your desired numbers (2,4,6...)

@Juliano-Petrukio  Sir here i am pasting here one snapshot by which you can understand . Sir here is an file attached in which first data set is an array starting from (2:18) so is it possible to generate another array shown in figure which will start from (1:18) without manually entering the values. Only using (2:18) array. In general i am asking for how to increase the array size so that in between values can be filled. Look at the picture attached here.

@Priyam_616 

As you are using an old excel version will be necessary a Matrix Formula  (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)

=ROW(INDIRECT(MIN(A:A)&":"&MAX(A:A)))

I developed an example as per attachment.

JulianoPetrukio_0-1638917895654.png