SOLVED

Excel chart with 2 Y axes second Y axis will not align with maximum value of X axis

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I cannot get the second Y axis of my chart to line up with the maximum value on the X axis and I need help. The chart resembles this:

Lydi4_0-1691503284320.png

As you can see, there is a blank space after the X axis ends before the second Y axis crosses it. I cannot figure out how to fix this.

5 Replies

@Lydi4 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

best response confirmed by Lydi4 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Lydi4 

Thanks. The series # 1 FF Ave and #2 FF Ave are plotted as XY Scatter Charts. The x-axis of a scatter chart is strictly numeric - in this case it includes all numbers from 0 to 28, without skipping the unused numbers.

In the attached version I have changed them to Line Charts with no lines but with visible markers.

Wow, that is incredible helpful! Thank you so much. I had been tinkering with this for a long time.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lydi4 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Lydi4 

Thanks. The series # 1 FF Ave and #2 FF Ave are plotted as XY Scatter Charts. The x-axis of a scatter chart is strictly numeric - in this case it includes all numbers from 0 to 28, without skipping the unused numbers.

In the attached version I have changed them to Line Charts with no lines but with visible markers.

View solution in original post