SOLVED

Employee Attendance Tracker

Copper Contributor

Is there a video on creating this type of template?

If not can I add to the types of leave?

10 Replies

@AcesKH 

Could you say a bit more about your situation? Those two questions seem quite distinct and close to un-related to each other, given that attendance tracking would be about a LOT more than simply types of leave. What kind of situation is this; what size of organization? How detailed does the tracking need to be  (hours, minutes, days?)...by type of employee (FT, PT, etc?) etc etc

I haven't found any such templates in this link for Microsoft templates. You might try googling. Or YouTube.

https://templates.office.com/en-us/premium-templates/planners-and-trackers?page=2

@mathetes 

I downloaded the employee attendance tracker template.  It works for what I need but I would like to add a couple "leave types". when I added one to the leave type sheet it is not showing on the main page.

The last square that says Late is the one we added but it is not showing on the front page. 

AcesKH_1-1643931160603.png

AcesKH_0-1643931104106.png

I apologies for not having the proper words to explain exactly what I need to know.

I see what you're saying. (By the way, since you HAD the template, had downloaded it, you could have saved us both time by saying so in your first post.)
I took a look at the original and re-created the problem, but wasn't able either to see a solution. Templates don't always do what they promise as cleanly or clearly as might be expected.

I have sent a note to the folks at Microsoft with responsibility for these, so I'm expecting you might hear from them.
Duly noted thank you and bless you !
best response confirmed by AcesKH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AcesKH 

So that template has ways it could be more automatic for adding new categories BUT those colors are based on conditional formatting and I don't see a way to automatically add them.  In the attached I added the LATE category and added a new conditional formatting rule for that pink color.  The calculations below the calendar (counts this year and last year) I changed to be based on the 'title' in the cell just above the box (i.e. "LATE") so if you have another category you could in theory just copy those cells and then update just that 1 cell...  but you would still have to 'duplicate' the conditional formatting rule and update that also.

Fantastic thank you very much!

I have 2 questions about this awesome spreadsheet.

1. The numbers for the days of the week black, and Weekends and Holidays are grayed out.  If I want to play with that or if I wanted the fonts to all be black, where do I change that.

2.  It doesn't add the absences on the weekends or Holidays in the total.  How do I fix that?

@mtarler 

I am able to get a copy of this please?????
I would love to have a copy of this please!!!!

@scott0814 

You can download the file from the reply by my friend @mtarler 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AcesKH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AcesKH 

So that template has ways it could be more automatic for adding new categories BUT those colors are based on conditional formatting and I don't see a way to automatically add them.  In the attached I added the LATE category and added a new conditional formatting rule for that pink color.  The calculations below the calendar (counts this year and last year) I changed to be based on the 'title' in the cell just above the box (i.e. "LATE") so if you have another category you could in theory just copy those cells and then update just that 1 cell...  but you would still have to 'duplicate' the conditional formatting rule and update that also.

View solution in original post