SOLVED

Ctrl Shift Down key not working. Only Down.

Copper Contributor

Up/left/right work OK, Down - no reaction.
F8, Transition keys - all checked, all disabled. 
All keys work fine separately. To select a column I now have to go down with Ctrl+Down and then up with Ctrl+Shift+Up.
Please advise.
Excel for Miscrosoft 365 MSO (16.0.13628.20234) 64 Bit. 

P.S.
Inability to select and copy the version of an app is very not fun when your versions consist of 10+ digits.

31 Replies

@ChrisGamboa  - Thank you! This was exactly my issue. I didn't realize Razer Cortex had take the keys and I was able to fix it based on your comment. 

Yes it did help. The issue for me was coming from Razer Cortex. The last update introduced new hotkeys that were overriding Excel. Good catch, you are a life savior.

@ChrisGamboa 

I think this is the best method to deal with this issue. 

My symptoms were: 
- excel CTRL+DOWN not working (LEFT, RIGHT, UP all worked fine)

- google sheets CTRL+DOWN not working (LEFT, RIGHT, UP all worked fine)

Fix: 

- Closed Razer Cortext background app

Thank you so much. Just started to have this issue today after a Razer driver update. Work would be disastrous without this function!
Yes the last update for the Razer Cortex app was the problem. I have closed and the problem was solved. Thank you appreciate it. You are a life saver.
@ChrisGamboa Thanks for that man! great you mentioned the Razer Cortex app, it ruined my entire 2 weeks as I worked a lot in spreadsheet. saw the shortcut too and removed it in Razer Cortex App.
Thanks a lot for your solution!!
Whitout that shortcut I would have destroyed my keyboard!!!
Thanks ! solved my problem :)

gosh, I reinstalled all my laptop drivers last night, it turns out that Razer Cortex is the main suspect, lol, thank you very much.

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. It was my Razer Cortex that caused all this problems

@ChrisGamboa 

I found the Razer Synapse drivers took control of control shift down (Razer Synapse, Game Booster, in-Game, "Start a new timer"). When I exited all the Razer apps, it started working again. Starts Rayer Synapse and reset the shortcut in "Start a new timer".

Scrolled through this entire thread and tried everything. Saw your post and I happened to also have the Razer Cortex app deployed. I went into settings and disabled the binding in Cortex and it fixed my CTRL SHIFT DOWN problem! Thank you!