Compare two different tables of contacts and find the *unique* contacts in table 2

Copper Contributor

I have two tables in an Excel;l spreadsheet-

- one has our company contacts

- the second has one employee's contacts

The column headers are the same, but the rows will all be different.  For example, the first has 6,400 rows and the second has 5,500.

It's likely that I'll find that the two sheets match by say 50-60%.  But how do I compare the two and find the rows which are identical between the two spreadsheets?

The problem is that row 456 in the first table may match row 578 in the second table- so I can't do a simple comparison of row 1 (table 1) to row 1 (table 2) etc etc..

Is there a way to find rows in table 2 which match rows in somewhere in table 1?

The ultimate aim is to delete matching rows in table 2. I want table 2 to end up only containing rows (contacts) not found in table 1. 

Many thanks.

3 Replies

@achilles2023 

=IFERROR(IF(MATCH(C2,$A$2:$A$22,0),""),C2)

A simple solution could be this formula.

contact.png 

@OliverScheurich ok thanks.  Any chance you could give me a bit of guidance on how to use this?  Just not sure how to set this up....

Thank you

@achilles2023 

In the attached file i've made an example which could be more similar to your actual data. The formula is in cell D2 and filled down.