Break Schedule

Copper Contributor

IMG_5301.jpeg

I am trying to make a break schedule in cell C8 name is OUT and D8 is IN how to get the the both cell turn red when the time goes over 36 minutes. I tried many different way but only one of the cell is turning red instead of 2 and I have also attached the image 

2 Replies

@Shrey10 

To make both cell C8 and D8 turn red when the time goes over 36 minutes, you can use conditional formatting in Microsoft Excel.

Here is how you can set it up:

1. Select cells C8 and D8 simultaneously by clicking and dragging to highlight both cells.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the Excel ribbon.
  3. In the "Styles" group, click on "Conditional Formatting."
  4. Choose "New Rule" from the dropdown menu.
  5. In the "New Formatting Rule" dialog box, select "Use a formula to determine which cells to format."
  6. In the "Format values where this formula is true" field, enter the following formula to check if the time exceeds 36 minutes:

=AND(C8<>"", OR(C8-TIME(0,36,0) > 0, D8-TIME(0,36,0) > 0))

This formula checks if either cell C8 or D8 contains a time value and if the time is greater than 36 minutes.

7. Click on the "Format" button to specify the formatting options for cells that meet the condition.

8. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, go to the "Font" tab, and select the red font color.

9. Click "OK" to confirm the font color.

10. Click "OK" again in the "New Formatting Rule" dialog box to apply the conditional formatting.

Now, whenever the time in either cell C8 or D8 goes over 36 minutes, both cells will turn red.

Remember that this approach assumes that cells C8 and D8 contain valid time values. If you are working with time values in a specific format (e.g., hh:mm AM/PM), make sure the cell values are recognized as times. You can format the cells as time values using the cell formatting options if needed. The text and the steps are the result of various AI's put together.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

@Shrey10 

Let's say OUT is in D8 and down, and IN in E8 and down for BREAK 1, up to row 100.

Select D8:E100.

D8 should be the active cell in the selection.

On the Home tab of the ribbon, click Conditional Formatting > New Rule...
Select 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format'.
Enter the formula

=$E8-$D8>TIME(0,36,0)

Note the $ before the column letters D and E.

Click Format...
Activate the Fill tab.
Select a highlight color.
Click OK, then click OK again.

Similar for BREAK 2, with only the column letters changed.