Edge Enterprise policies disappear randomly

Copper Contributor

Hello,

our organization managed Edge started to lose it's policies randomly since the rollout of Edge version v113 (or since the bing sidebar appeared). The policies are managed by Intune. I cannot see any issue that causes the problem, not even a single error message about it. No indication for a specific trigger. It just randomly happens with some users.

While the policies are gone, I am NOT able to manually reload the policies under edge://policies. It's just completly blank. Also it states that the last update was x hours ago.

We need to work with trusted site lists, which also don't get applied when the edge policies are gone. 

But after a certain time, the policies come back. This can take 30 minutes to (mostly) half a day or even longer. Sadly, this problem happens way to often and we need this work properly again.

This topic is painful and haven't found any trick to solve this.

8 Replies
Are you facing this problem with v114 too?
Have you tried check with the latest update?
If problem reproduces, make sure report it using the feedback option in Microsoft Edge.

@Reza_Ameri sadly it does happen with v114 too. I will look for the feedback option.

Strange that no one else has this problem (yet).

In this case, it is recommend to share the feedback using the feedback option in Microsoft Edge.

@janniscs Hello!  You can also try to reach out to Support (Support - Microsoft Edge Developer).  They would be able to gather logs and other diagnostic data to investigate.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

@janniscs 

Hi Janniscs,

Where you able to solve this problem, we are experiencing the same where users randomly loses their Enterprise Edge policy distributed from Intune.

Regards 
René

Hi @MrHansenDer

sadly not. There is no fix for this as far as I know. It actually disappeared on it's own a while ago.

I implemented a USB restriction configuration profile in Intune, which triggered the problem. Since everyone needed the profile, it was pretty bad that half of our staff couldn't work for a while. They had to go through, no fix there.

I hope it doesn't re-appear again.

If you have conflicting On-Prem GPOs they will overwrite the Intune policies.
Hi @rgrisi,

possible direction for finding a solution. But does it also apply, if there is the "Intune over GPO"-policy?