10-20-2019 05:07 PM
10-20-2019 05:07 PM
I just updated Edge Canary today and things are messed up. There was a window telling me that Edge signed me in even though Windows has not been signed into with a Microsoft account. Now the profile says "Work" and has an icon that doesn't fit other icons.
Session restore fails to restore any other windows but I can still use ctrl+shift+t to bring them back but will be a duplicate.
10-20-2019 06:37 PM - edited 10-20-2019 06:37 PM
a screenshot of the problem here would also help :)
also just to make sure, you've never signed into Edge insider before on your computer (for cloud sync)?
10-20-2019 09:36 PM
@HotCakeX I have had the same problem...
1. I had 2 profiles "Home" and "Work"
2. "Home" was signed in and syncing with my personal microsoft account
3. Upon installing todays update I was greeted with the similar message that my account was now linked with my Work AD account and syncing was disabled by my administrator.
4. My former "Home" profile was now renamed "Work" and seemingly permanently linked to the account used to login to the computer. (I can't see a way to unlink this)
5. My former "Work" profile seems untouched
6. Creating a new profile to sync it with my personal microsoft account requires adding that account to windows hello. Kind of annoying, but not the end of the world.
The problem I'm left with is somehow getting my work bookmarks back into what seems to be required to be my work profile now.
10-21-2019 01:44 AM
10-21-2019 12:36 PM
10-21-2019 02:56 PM
@HotCakeX yeah obviously a bug.
After updating my home PC which went ok, I think what's happened is they take the original "Default" profile and link it to your windows login account (irrevocably, and not deletable - which is a pain) - they should have checked it wasn't already a synced profile though.
And then they've tweaked the way you can sync a secondary profile with a microsoft account to require the windows hello link.
Nothing too major, just a pain to fix it up because I need to move all my bookmarks because the default profile is not deleteable anymore.
10-22-2019 12:15 AM
11-05-2019 05:47 PM
11-06-2019 01:19 AM
11-10-2019 09:33 PM
11-10-2019 11:16 PM