SOLVED

Missing history button in Edge Stable?

Brass Contributor

I've waited a while to ask this because I thought maybe it's a feature that's being rolled out in stages but it seems to have been around for a long time now and rolled out simultaneously on all of my other devices but I can't see the new history button in Edge Stable on my desktop PC. I also don't have any option to turn it on even:
DanielRyan_0-1615729797930.png

I've tried resetting Edge by deleting the entire profile folder and setting up from scratch but that also didn't help. I do have the Vertical Tabs, etc. already.

My Edge details are (Windows 10 Pro x64):

DanielRyan_1-1615729880632.png

70 Replies

@jaybcd

@jaybcd @HotCakeX @DanielRyan @AndrzejX 

I NO LONGER believe, this is a phased roll out, I have now upgraded through V89 ... V92 and the problem still persists exactly as it was may months ago. Several taskbar buttons still not available on my Desktop PC whereas on a laptop all is OK. see screen shots. 

Anyone Listening ? 

EDGE.jpg

@frogman2205 

If , upgrade this PC does not help , then only reinstalling Windows10 can solve this problem .

@frogman2205 Agreed. Also to note that as well as missing the History button I'm also missing the Downloads button just like in your screenshot. Very weird issue indeed. Maybe it will magically work when I upgrade to Windows 11 when that's released.

Hurray the History button has finally appeared for me (as well as the Downloads button). On Version 92.0.902.73 (Official build) (64-bit) and I haven't done anything extra (e.g. still Windows 10 no settings or other changes made). Thanks Edge Team but I still find this staged rollout where some features take over half a year to appear for some users to be very strange and confusing.

@DanielRyan 

Yes You are right, but the most important thing is that the function works correctly - thank you for confirming it!
Good luck

:( Just to confirm I'm On Version 92.0.902.73 (Official build) (64-bit) and restarted Edge and PC and my Downloads and History buttons ARE STILL NOT there.
On Windows 7
Microsoft Edge
Version 92.0.902.73 (Official build) (32-bit)
Microsoft Edge is up to date.

I do have both buttons showing and that maybe due to the fact I have NO extensions added on that bar.

Win

@Kan-Win I have NO Extensions but it still doesnt work
I am seeing this same issue on one of my computers. The other profile on the same computer does not see it. And I do not have this issue with the first profile on any other computer.

I cannot show History and Downloads on the toolbar in Sable Edge. I tried the suggestion of replacing the User content of the local storage.

Initially, I could pin the buttons, but after I exited and opened Edge again, they had disappeared and the option to pin was gone.

Version 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (64-bit)

I used Send Feedback to report this.
update to V95 seems to have finally fixed the issue for me.