Lighthouse GDAP setup is sending too many email notifications

Copper Contributor
We (an MSP) are in the process of setting up GDAP relationships via Microsoft 365 Lighthouse, to better manage our clients' tenants. We are also cleaning up old clients from our Microsoft Partner Center customer list and removing GDAP relationships from previous license providers.

Through a lot of these GDAP changes, our employees are receiving a TON of GDAP email notifications (ex: "Your granular admin relationship with [Client Name] has been terminated" or "the customer approved your granular admin relationship request"). As best I can tell, this appears to be related to the templates/roles/permissions settings in the Lighthouse GDAP setup. However, I can't specifically find where to change this.

What can I change to reduce the number of people in our MSP organization who receive GDAP notifications?
2 Replies

Hi @esd087 

Thank you for posting to the community. Please CIL:

We (an MSP) are in the process of setting up GDAP relationships via Microsoft 365 Lighthouse, to better manage our clients' tenants. We are also cleaning up old clients from our Microsoft Partner Center customer list and removing GDAP relationships from previous license providers.
Through a lot of these GDAP changes, our employees are receiving a TON of GDAP email notifications (ex: "Your granular admin relationship with [Client Name] has been terminated" or "the customer approved your granular admin relationship request"). As best I can tell, this appears to be related to the templates/roles/permissions settings in the Lighthouse GDAP setup. However, I can't specifically find where to change this.

While I cannot provide tech support, I am can provide you with resources that may help you resolve this notification/alert issue. Please review the following link to edit or delete an email notification that may have been set - Create and manage alert rules in Microsoft 365 Lighthouse - Microsoft 365 Lighthouse | Microsoft Lea... 

What can I change to reduce the number of people in our MSP organization who receive GDAP notifications?

If they're inactive and you need to remove them - Manage inactive users in Microsoft 365 Lighthouse - Microsoft 365 Lighthouse | Microsoft Learn

If you've identified potential risky sign-in attempts - View and manage risky users in Microsoft 365 Lighthouse - Microsoft 365 Lighthouse | Microsoft Learn

The links above can be found in Partner Center (sign in req'd). :smile:

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

Thank you, but this was not helpful. The alert rules in Lighthouse apply to setting up alerts on client tenants, not alerts for the partner/reseller that is managing Lighthouse. Inactive users and risky users have nothing to do with what I'm asking.