New 365 Admin portal showcases 'Business Advisors' that aren't my company?

Iron Contributor

Hello

For years, we as partners have requested better tie ins to the Office 365 portal regarding support, but as it stands, we don't even have permissions to change the customer's Help Desk setting to redirect to us unless we log in directly as a Global Admin on their tenant.  It's not available via GDAP (nor DAP).

Now, I've logged in to setup a new customer's tenant, and I'm greeted with this popup at the bottom of the screen prodding my customer to connect with some Business Advisor that is very likely not my organization.

What is the purpose of this pop-up and what is being done to connect it directly and solely to us, the selling partner instead of some other unknown partner?  Moreso, how can it be turned off for all our customers?

The only consolation here is that it does nothing at all except take you to O365 support, yet another item Partners have requested for years that's gone unfinished.  All the customer gets after they spend their precious time entering all the details of their issue is that they need to contact us directly for support, which has been a horrible customer experience according to my customers.

So when will this all get resolved and what is the plan here for this new pop up?

Screenshot 2024-04-26 103641.png

5 Replies

@VNJoe 

I understand your concern.  It looks like you have the options to click on "No Thanks".  This should allow you to ignore the option. :smile:

Unfortunately, I do not know who designs Microsoft database and/or webpages, however, most Microsoft webpages have a "Feedback" prompt somewhere on the page. It's a good idea to use submit this type of inquiry as Feedback. 

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

No. Not the answer.

I don't want Microsoft advertising services unless they are through me, and I don't want options for customers to receive advertising for any competitors via the product I partner with them to sell with.

"No thanks" isn't enough.

I'd like a more defined answer please.

@VNJoe I believe the response was complete and there is no other option. I will let @LicensingConcierge1 respond when they are back in office next week to confirm. 

This has been submitted to 'Feedback'. However, these links aren't currently functional. All they seem to do is take you the Support page for now. I'm just attempting to understand what the final goal is for these links and whether or not you plan on advertising for my competitors to my customers.

Note that I as the partner cannot click anything. The customer can click No Thanks. They always do, but that doesn't make this a proper placement that puts competition in front my customers that I've brought in to Microsoft.

I did submit feedback as well, but the portal people don't know and don't care about partner concerns. That's what this forum is for.

Hi @VNJoe 

As mentioned in the Welcome message of the community, the Licensing Concierge is unable to provide tech support:

LicensingConcierge1_0-1714966961033.png

I've provided all the information that I have and the only other suggestion I have is that you submit a support request. 

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge