Users unable to open links

Copper Contributor

We recently moved a lot of videos and .docs off of our internally hosted team SP site, as it was full, on to a cloud based SP site linked to a group.

I have added links to these videos from the original team site by using

Share>anyone within our organisation>copy link

The permissions for the group and the site are correct, the document bank inherits its permissions from the group / site.

Some people (myself, owner) and visitors can view the videos and word documents, and they open as they should in the browser.

Members have edit access and I've reviewed this at every level, it looks fine. 

Th two people I asked to test are listed as members with edit access at all levels, but cannot even view the videos and documents. They click on the URLs and it just does nothing: no error message, no pop up blocked, nothing.

I know the URLs are correct as they open for me and another member (not owner)

I wondered whether it was some setting on their machines that meant the videos weren't opening, but the docs won't open either, nor will links to the document bank itself.

I am completely stumped and feel like I must be missing something very obvious.

2 Replies

@aliceuwe  What type of browser are they using?

I would recommend using Stream instead of SharePoint to host the videos. You will get much more functionality and better performance. 

thank you, it seems to be related to IE alone and we've resolved it for all but one user.