SOLVED

How to design an internal community like this one?

Copper Contributor

I like the UI and blogging features of this community. Can I easily create it with the apps in O365? Who can share more light on steps to achieve quickly with the out of the box tools a similar UI design for an internal community site?

Respectfully,
--Barbara Chudak

3 Replies
This community runs on a different platform that is not Office 365, so there isn't an "easy" way to accomplish this. You're best bet for any feature rich type blogging is using SharePoint communication sites, with news / pages and the social features enabled so you can commend / like etc. those pages within your organization but it's not public in any way.

Also be warned that comments and likes for those pages do not notify people just yet. It's rolling out now so that @mentions get mobile notifications and e-mails sent to you, and replies get sent to mobile notifications assuming you have SharePoint app, but it's currently a bit limited.
best response confirmed by Basia Chudak (Copper Contributor)
Solution

We use Yammer for this. We have a very active Yammer community with separate groups for SharePoint/O365 and Teams. Yammer makes it super easy to communicate to a very large groups. Works well in browser and mobile formats. I just wish MSFT hadn't removed the Yammer Notifier from Win 10. I miss the brief pop up notifications about posts from people and groups I'm following. Go with Yammer. It's easy, no maintenance and self-sustaining. :)

Rachel, thank you for your response to my question. At the moment I am on a project with the client who is in the government tenant, they don't have yammer enabled yet. But your recommendation is solid and I will keep that in mind for future projects.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Basia Chudak (Copper Contributor)
Solution

We use Yammer for this. We have a very active Yammer community with separate groups for SharePoint/O365 and Teams. Yammer makes it super easy to communicate to a very large groups. Works well in browser and mobile formats. I just wish MSFT hadn't removed the Yammer Notifier from Win 10. I miss the brief pop up notifications about posts from people and groups I'm following. Go with Yammer. It's easy, no maintenance and self-sustaining. :)

View solution in original post